MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I agree with that being an ugly bike. And I also think you need to get a bike for this class if it happens. You will love the small bikes.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's just because they like us and our riders :D

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Insert multi paragraph response from Broome regarding Grom...:D

JustaNobody likes this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hope that the additional MA classes doesn't take up so much time during the day that u don't get to come back.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like there might be room for us.

cajun636 and Dragginass like this.
  6. I don't see how, MA has less classes than most national series and they all seem to make it work. I'm sure the lcq will be gone so there's some space and I'd keep the 600's to 1 practice session vs 2 split.

7. Bsb does has 2 small classes, 2 600 classes, 2 1000 classes and duc's and it's a damn good show. Plus sidecars at some events. There is no reason they can't get it done, practices are a bit shorter in bsb but so is the dead time.

8. They making a paddock just for you Mr 747? :)

9. Put down your crack pipe.

JustaNobody likes this.
  10. At first I was thinking the Ducati Supersport-S would be the perfect bike for this class, but it's too big (937cc).

11. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Yep my thoughts as well..

12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

It looks like someone at Honda is a fan of MV Agusta.

Won't ever happen.

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Wheels have to stay aluminum can't go carbon.

My 1st gen SV we got down to 310 with no gas in it but that's with th carbon tank. After we put that tank on it I had to go to a .70 fronnt spring.

With the rules I doubt you could get to 100hp with a FZ7 but if you don't care about staying MA legal I'm sure 100hp is reliably obtainable.

4 races per weekend with WERA on a lightweight bike. Lightweight solo, lwtsb, F2 and you can bump up to hwt twins.

Build one. I'd love to smack you on the ass on my way by you.

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The AP FZ07s will have 95-100hp and my guess is they'll weigh around 320. A good 09 SV would be 90hp and weigh around 350. Every motor stipulation in the MA twins rulebook screws the SV. It kind of makes you wonder who is on this twins committee.....

V5 Racer and 5axis like this.
  15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Time to start collecting spare motors :)

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

lol. thanks...

17. Whycome you can't run Carbon wheels? I raced with BST CF wheels on my 675 for 2 years.

Or are you talking about MA?

My question about the FZ was generic in nature (with WERA in mind). I just didn't feel like starting another thread and figured I'd ask in here since a lot of people were already talking about the FZ.

Or is it because nobody makes a CF wheel for the FZ?

Speaking of which, does it run a 5.5" rear wheel and a 180 tire? I don't like skinny shit.

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

5.5 wheel is stock you can run a 180 60 Pirelli on it

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Sweet. Thanks. That Pirelli 180/60 Slick is a great tire.

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Shane Liles put a 190 on his FZ07 build. Fits perfectly fine. He did that to get a slightly taller tire and more ride height since his bike is a SS build and the stock shock linkage only allows so much rear ride height increase. AP sells a different shock linkage but adding that is a SBK build item.

Dragginass and Gorilla George like this.