1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will St Louis Burn again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Responders these days and for many years all wear gloves...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not all the time.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why are you so convinced the gun was a plant? Did you see the part in the judges decision about it being a large frame revolver and that there was clear video of him going from his cruiser to the suspect's car with no way to conceal the gun (if he were trying to plant it)?

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

IF it were THAT Plain... there would have been NO Charges..Zero.

Prosecutors and The GrandJury wouldn't have sought charges at all.

So it must not have been that Clear.... IMO.

In addition "Failure to secure the "weapon" he was scared for his life of" FIRST, then rendering first aid to a man he intended to be dead anyway, is what I find most troubling... the math don't add up.

Also the fact he was carrying his "Personal AK47 Pistol" shows a complete lack of respect for departmental policy, so what other rule and laws was he willing to break??

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Right... they come to my 82yr old neighbors all the time.. 1st thing they do when they get out of the truck is put on their gloves... every single time.. and he usually isn't bleeding from a gsw...:)

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The general consensus around here is that this case was reopened purely for political purposes. This guy was supposed to be either a sacrificial lamb or a trigger for more civil unrest.

"Failure to secure the gun" isn't that hard to understand. After taking five rounds to the head, neck, and upper torso, I doubt there was any question that the guy was no longer a threat. The rendering aid is a policy thing. Technically, you're supposed to assume the guy is alive (yes, I know this seems to contradict what I just said) until a qualified medic pronounced him dead.

The AK is dumb but also understandable. STL Metro is kind of a shitty dept. I'd bet they weren't providing long guns to patrol officers, so this guy took it upon himself to bring his own. I'd bet it was common practice.

Overall, the guy probably wasn't a good cop (he seems kind of like he's the type that thinks he's smarter than everyone else and that the rules don't apply to him, sort of a sociopath), and he might not have had to shoot this guy, but it was a legitimate shoot and certainly not murder.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I will just say... Securing the Weapon... is First... period.. I don't care if the guy is fkn Swiss cheese and 8 of 9 quarts of his blood are on the ground.
    15seconds to secure... then render aid... if you are going to.

If you don't it leaves questions unanswered... and speculation will ensue.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Question for your brother: are future-evidence guns usually left in squad cars like fire extinguishers and spare tires, or do they stay with officers who would actually consider using them and get removed from the car at the end of their shift? :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Both of my ex brother in laws carried them in their backpack/ duty duffel... it was like an extra piece of gear... it was not uncommon and it was joked about across the board.
    My Sister carried a Jennings .25 auto.. it was taken off a kid who probably stole it..

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you mean specifically EMT's not all first responders.

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Here they send firefighters and ambulance, they all glove up, it is like a Proctologist Convention..

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, they do, afraid of catching something and can't blame them a bit.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

And they don't want to leave any incriminating evidence behind..

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless they're in full tyvek with masks, dna isn't the concern, especially for fire/ems first responders. Detectives and such at a known homicide or the like sure. But even they can't prevent cross contamination as much as they try.

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Is DNA only found on/spread from an ungloved hand??

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not so much :D

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

More like "where isn't it found"...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly for the detectives hunting for bad guys not as many places as you'd think.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Worse here is the backlog at the GBI Crime Lab.....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Need to put more money into that end of things so the people doing it aren't rushed and make mistakes.