1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will St Louis Burn again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This line seems a bit suspicious.

"Forensic analysis revealed that Stockley's was the only DNA present on the gun he said belonged to Smith, the criminal complaint said."

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't mean anything, he said he touched the weapon and unloaded it.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Every time i hear reasoning like that, this is what i actually picture you (or whoever) like:

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Im sure the victim was a good boy just trying to turn his life around.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The pistol may or may not have been a drop gun. There was no way to prove it, BUT, the other cop testified to seeing it in the car back before the chase when they originally tried to stop the guy, and he wasn't on trial.

What strikes me as odd is the AK. He wasn't allowed to carry it, but he had it. However, even though it was on his person, he didn't use it. Weird.

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The question isn't about the victim's character; it's about whether or not he was murdered.

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

It also means that the dead guy apparently had never touched a gun that he owned. If it were the guys gun, exposed in his car, it stands to reason that he had touched it that day and his DNA would still be quite available on the gun. The fact that another officer not on trial vouched for his former partner really doesn't mean anything to me. The badge doesn't carry any extra weight to me and it's on par with asking a family member of the accused.

Sweatypants, R1Racer99 and Fonda Dix like this.
  9. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

His character puts reasonable doubt whether he was armed, and/or made the officer fear for his life.

dtalbott likes this.
  10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Looks like he wasn't

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How easy is it to get a DNA sample if someone simply touches something? For all I know the deceased could have had more than one weapon.

The cop was probably at least a little fearful and a lot pissed. Seems like a questionable acquittal based on the very little I know. Then again, maybe the prosecutors need to stop trying to go for murder 1 and go for what they can prove.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There's a lot of weird shit around this one. This shooting happened in 2011. They didn't bring charges then, but decided to last year over some "new evidence".

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I was caught on video saying "I'm going to kill this motherfucker!" and then proceeded to do just that, I would probably be faced with a prosecutor looking for a murder conviction.

Sweatypants likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Probably, but you have to have physical evidence to support the charge. Murder 1 is not easy. We had to accept manslaughter in my brother's death even though the physical evidence was irrefutable. Extenuating circumstances made us unwilling to have the defense drag his name through the mud and create a spectacle just to get the killer off.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's not the exact quote. The recording caught "...gonna kill this motherfucker, don't you know it?" Depending on the context, it could mean several things. If I were in the defense's shoes, I'd contend that it was more of a comment on the subject's willing to escape or die trying, than it was my intent to kill him.

16. Sweatypants

He was black... we already knew the officer "feared for his life"...

C'mon... you're gonna have to do better than that

17. Sweatypants

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if something didn't go down there tonight. I had to spend this week in St. Louis for the emergency room nurses convention. This morning when I got up my hotel had 25 Missouri State troopers in the lobby, got to the convention hall right as the verdict was read, within two hours the entire convention hall was put on lockdown for 45 minutes or so. I've never loaded my equipment in my van any quicker, I got the hell out of there. As I was leaving there seemed to be a lot of people headed towards the protest, and they didn't seem real happy.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

News is saying protests have turned violent.

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Warned at a truckstop today to stay away from that area.