1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will St Louis Burn again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Sep 15, 2017.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Here's another strange conundrum.
    One of the best ways for a criminal to hide is joining the police force.

jase, The Great One and Laz like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This is one of the gray-shaded nuances that are often lost in the noise of 24 hour infotainment. Each outlet panders to the viewpoint of their "side", and divides the fringes ever more deeply. The silent middle, meanwhile, cares ever less about the bullshit that seems to inflame those fringes.

The only question now, though, is who's the asshole that'll be sent to deal with the ̶i̶n̶n̶o̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ not guilty cop?

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm conflicted. If anything punish the cop for not being 'smoother' in the execution of said scumbag.

crashman likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's not a conundrum, it's a ridiculous attempt by an FTP'er to make a witty comment.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He was fired in 2013 (?) and as far as I know, is no longer a cop. That's "dealt with" as far as his career goes.

No longer a cop, but this sounds like a respectable resume:

"According to his LinkedIn profile, Stockley left the St. Louis police force in 2013 and moved to Houston, where he worked as a regional project manager at TH Hill Associates, an oil and gas drilling consulting firm. He graduated from the U.S. Military Academy in 2002 with degrees in philosophy and nuclear engineering; afterward, Stockley served in the Army in Iraq, where he received a bronze star, and was honorably discharged after an injury, Bruntrager said.

6. auminer

That resume doesn't add up. At all. Are you sure it's the same guy? I was under the impression that police forces didn't hire the brightest bulbs.

Also, why does a ringtapper with philosophy & nuc eng degrees go to the front lines in a shooting war? Then become a cop? Why the hell does the USMA even offer a damn philosophy major?

I suppose I could see the nuc eng degree oddly enough being applicable in the oil & gas services industry.

Meh... frankly, I don't give a damn. As Toe said, if anything the guy needs to get a wristslap for sloppiness.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It was in an article about his interview with the STL Post Dispatch after the verdict yesterday.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, but I wouldn't say it indicates absolutely nothing. What it does indicate is that there is no direct concrete evidence that links the gun directly to the guy. At the very least if his DNA was present it would give "the cop planted the gun" less credibility. But yeah by itself it really doesn't prove anything one way or the other. I guess it really doesn't matter considering the cop was acquitted.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

So, when dealing with cops you're more of a "guilty until proven innocent" kind of guy, huh?:)

10. auminer

Cops everywhere are taking notes about ensuring that their throwdown doesn't have their own DNA or prints on it, and the wisdom of contaminating it with the victim's DNA before "finding" the weapon.

11. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

The guys inocent as proven in a court of law and I'll respect that, sorta like OJ.

12. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

These protests tonight are lame. A broken window here and there, but they're not setting the area (the Delmar Loop) in fire. Come on guys, you need to step up your protest game. The little darlings in Ferguson are laughing at your efforts!

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No, it's a true observation.
    Cops are charged with crimes all the time.
    It's a great cover.

14. auminer

Quoted for the irony...

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have worked with West Pointers that have not been terribly clever and I would say that the TH Hill people that have been through our shop are batting about 500 for being able to walk and chew gum at the same time so he may have not been the brightest bulb. And TH Hill does deal alot with non destructive testing so ya, the nuke degree would be pertinent. He could have been one of the "C's get degrees" guys and just did not get a terribly good posting once out of college. Who knows. But he sure does not appear to be innocent. I can totally agree with you and Toe that he deserves punishment for poor execution. <badump bump>
    But ya, still not feeling any sympathy for the dead scumbag...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When they're collecting evidence sure, when they're clearing a car for weapons no. They also take DNA from all the responders so they can rule them out since contamination is pretty common.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He has the right to choose.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. I'm not arguing for the cop, just saying the guys DNA not showing doesn't prove anything.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That doesn't make any sense? If it's such a good hiding place, why are they being charged?

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Being Charged and Being Convicted are two different things.