1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlottesville, VA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Aug 12, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have not seen evidence of that skill.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup: I have read alot of your comments and alot of Britts comments on here. I don't really think you are in any position to tell him to "get a clue"...

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Recent NPR/PBS poll (as in two days ago) shows that 62% of Americans believe the statues should stay as a historical symbol, including 44% of black people polled.
    Only those identifying as very liberal and strong democrat had over 50% stating the statues should be removed.
    And that is NPR/PBS. The very liberal/strong democrat sample group is larger than other groups.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are currently in a period of loudmouth rule.

V5 Racer likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yay Alinskyism!

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

G97, I agree. For sure, the left has been planning and looking for strategic opportunities to bring him down. They smell blood in the water and are hoping exploit this as far as possible. They have been looking to bring him down since election night.

Actually, yes. And, outside the dungeon and this thread in particular, I'm known for being a pretty darn polite person. In this thread, if you express any thoughts whatsoever you're immediately called an idiot or worse, so I've mostly just adopted the language of those around me. I'm just trying to fit in:D

If you want me to restate my point -

Every statue that goes up or comes down does it through a government commission of some sort. Very few were just decided by the mayor...

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well if the idiotic shoe fits... :Poke: ;)

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IMHO of course.

Quite honestly, the left thought Trump would be the easiest for Hillary to defeat and worked hard to crush any of the other candidates. Kind of ironic that it was that same mindset that put Obama on the ticket in 2008. He was an unknown she should have easily beaten according to conventional wisdom at the time.

9. galloway840

Maybe not, but on that particular point, I think I was.

Sure, so I supposed incorrectly about the support. Refer back to earlier statements where I've made it clear that I think the locals can make their own determinations about their statues. I personally don't care for statues of confederate army generals or leaders, but I'm not going out of my way to pressure city councils to take them down.

10. galloway840

Kind of funny, I come to the dungeon to argue a little and blow off a little steam with all the alpha males who call everyone pussies and snowflakes, yet now I've offended a few folks...

Back to your regular programming...

jase likes this.
  11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You have been civil in here also. Even when wrong :Poke:

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Are the local town council's using a ballot vote on removing the statues or just voting on what they think?

13. galloway840

lol

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have not heard of a single ballot. Shoot in AL it is against the law yet the mayor of B'ham tried and is now being sued. This is the worst run city in Alabama with horrific debt. Look over there a squirrel! says the incompetent politician.

15. galloway840

My guess is the laws and rules in each state are fundamentally similar, but in practice quite different. Every state even has it's own governance for what comes up for vote, how it gets to be on the discussion list, who has to approve that, etc.

So, I couldn't tell you...

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They aren't trying to "bring him down", just cover him with muck. That will make it hard for him to move his agenda forward.

As for bringing him down, they know congress won't impeach him and even if they did Pence would probably be worse from the standpoint of the left. Impeachment would probably assure them of a win in 2020, so maybe that could be their angle, but I doubt it.

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I really think that some of the people think that if Trump gets impeached,then Hillary becomes president.

18. galloway840

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version