1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayweather vs. Mcgregor

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Not true, depending on the amount and the investment.

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Fact. And the tax bill "Money" is delinquent on is from 2015.

But you know, probably just being smart with his money...

Sweatypants likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Doesn't the IRS charge 4-5% per month or some shit?

4. Knotcher

Sure, but depending on what one is doing with that money that may be a cheap price to pay. Granted, standard instruments aren't going to cover that, but for a broader set of investments that may be just fine.

monero, ethereum, etc.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Okay, I get that it's a math problem, but what investment guarantees a 48-60% annual return?

6. Knotcher

Now you are talking about guarantees and investments in the same sentence. I can't think of anything that matches.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I guarantee the IRS will see those returns. :D

Knotcher likes this.
  8. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I bet there are some, but none are legal

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Cool story, indeed.

And a guy with a few billion can do shit that a middle class stiff can't get away with. Remember when Tiger Woods' wife hit him with the golf club or whatever the hell happened a couple-few years back... and the cops showed up to his house... and the person that answered the door said to come back later because Mr Woods was asleep...

Yeah, let you or me try that shit. :crackup::crackup:

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

charities... religious org... non-profit... etc etc i'd be willing to bet in his case.

11. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Wow. I just saw the worst MMA/boxing move ever in the current UFC event. I'm not an expert but you can't telegraph it any worse. Dude seemed to run in place like a cartoon before running into a punch.

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Funny read on the ESPN app about if the WWE was handling all this.

How the WWE would script Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor http://es.pn/2utNFbg
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It is not a function of tax lawyers or sleeves but politicians and pockets.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

So who saw the footage of McGregor knocking down Paulie Malignaggi while sparring? I'm sure they only leaked the good stuff, but McGregor looked damn fresh 10 rounds in, and snapped Paulie's head back with some straight lefts. For the people saying Conor can't box, that's a world champion in there and according to several people watching, Conor beat his ass.

I know Paulie said it was a push, but he knocked him on his ass, no doubt.

turbulence likes this.
  15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Meh, it was intereresting for the few seconds of footage we got, but def doesn't tell the whole story.

What IS more interesting is the one-time waiver that was approved for them to use 8oz. gloves. If McGregor ever had a puncher's chance, this certainly helps his case......

turbulence likes this.
  16. It can be debated either way. IMO, it depends on how lucky McG is.

Contrary to what some people think, the heavier the gloves, the less damage they inflict. Some people imagine the gloves being heavier, so it is like being hit with a heavier bat, but that isn't how it works. First off, heavier gloves slow the hands down; plus they have additional padding. Not only that, but they have a larger surface area at the point of contact...which means the impact gets dispersed, rather than being concentrated at one point. In other words, getting hit with 8oz gloves will hurt worse than getting hit with 10oz gloves.

So yes, it might give McG more of an opportunity to land a "sneaky punch" and cause damage. BUT...you are also putting smaller gloves on the hands of the best pound-for-pound boxer of all time. You are taking a guy that has arguably the best boxing skills ever, but who isn't known for his knockout power....and now increasing his knockout power by putting lighter gloves on his hands. In the ring, MW already had an advantage. But by increasing the damage he can do with his hands, they possibly just created a recipe for disaster.

So unless McG can land a lucky punch, they just gave MW knockout capabilities to go along with his pure boxing skills.

Some people think this ruling gave McG a chance. IMO, this ruling means it could get ugly...fast.

17. NemesisR6

I can see your point, but Mayweather wasn't able to knock many people out in 46 out of his 49 career fights using 8oz. gloves (he's only had 4 KO's total). Mac has a pretty decent chin, so I don't see it really helping improve his already mediocre knockout power (which he also freely admits).

It WILL, however, help MW increase the damage he can do by peppering him with his speed and accuracy.........and by everything I've seen with McG's defense (or lack thereof), that could spell bad juju for the mick.

18. Yep, MW has never been a power puncher. But his speed and accuracy is insane. The heavier gloves would have (in theory) slowed his hands down a little...giving McG more of a chance to dodge some punches; and they would have reduced what power MW did have. But now, his hands will be at "full speed".

I could be proven wrong, but assuming it is a legit fight (meaning they don't toy around trying to make it a "show", so they can land another rematch/payday), I honestly feel McG doesn't stand a chance in hell.

I also don't think MW would stand a chance in hell if it was in the Octagon.

We all know McG (well, really both of them) is just in it for the spectacle, the attention, and the money. I mean, what a fucking joke to have those 3 "showdowns" where they just went on stage to talk shit and cuss at each other. :rolleyes: If he truly wanted to prove his skills as a boxer, then he would box some lesser opponents, get some victories, prove himself, and then EARN the opportunity to challenge someone like Mayweather.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  19. NemesisR6

You are FAR from alone.

Anybody who isn't approaching this fight as just pure, unadulterated, carnival sideshow spectacle is missing the point. Get together with a bunch of friends and just enjoy the shitshow............that's what I'm certainly doing.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

You guys know mcgregor regularly gets hit with smaller gloves right? Some of you should watch the Nate Diaz fights again.. that's a bigger and stronger guy than mayweather punching mcgreggor in the face repeatedly with 4oz gloves and STILL couldn't knock him out.