1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayweather vs. Mcgregor

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So don't care. :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

MacGregor wins in a fluke knockout so they can make more money on the rematch.

Hawk518 and XFBO like this.
  4. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

just a money grab...MacGregor doesn't stand a chance. I think it cheapens the sport of boxing. I like MMA but still think boxing is king

vizsladog and SteveThompson like this.
  5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Enough to post how much you don't care? Ass.:D

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Don't care much either, but Floyd will beat the shamrocks right off of Conor.

7. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Mayweather is about to make $300 mil easy. Connor makes $100 mil, and he retires from MMA. Oh, Floyd wins with a knock out or TKO.

Hawk518 and Gino230 like this.
  8. vance

vance *

Connor for the MF... PAYDAY!!!! Good job!

9. casjoker

can't hold it against either guy for cashing in...hell I would let either one of them beat me about the head and shoulders for 1/10 of what they are getting paid.

Newyork and Dits like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dancing with the stars got a new venue, huh?

Pass.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Does it matter which one wins.......?

[​IMG]

12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

What would be the outcome if McGregor could use all his abilities instead of having to play only by the boxing rules? Has a boxer ever had to contend with such in one of these shows?

13. I don't think that would even be fun to watch if McGregor could use all his skill level. Regardless of what anyone thinks of it both athletes and the UFC are going to make a lot of money. I know I'll watch it and I can't remember the last time I watched boxing.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

When ultimate fighting was in its fledgling years they used to pit all different fighting styles against one another (BJJ, karate, judo, greco roman wrestling, boxing, street fighting, etc etc). I actually found it alot more interesting back then because of all the unknowns. Over the years it kind of morphed into what it is today....MMA which everyone kind of settled on was the most effective fighting style.

UFC 1

[​IMG]

15. vance

vance *

In UFC 1 or 2, there was a boxer who wore one glove. That didn't work.
    I don't care who win, I've liked this kid from the first time I saw him and in a sport where a lot of these guys don't make the money I feel they deserve, it's good to see somebody get the upper hand and command a payday. I hope he does make 100 million and does retire. There's no moral victory in getting your head kicked in for a few bucks and retiring broke.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I know you mean it as a joke, but I remember people saying the same thing about the chump they set up for Tyson to beat on when he got out of prison. The reality of the matter is that for the vast majority of population, this would be so unbelievably brutal (and brief) and the long term effects would probably be substantial.

I used to really, really like boxing. Not so much anymore. Can't get into MMA at all. Mayweather is a phenomenal fighter. I think without the MMA skillset at his disposal in a straight up boxing match, the sideshow gets stomped.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I've seen Conor fight so I can't remember what he has for hands. Can't imagine his footwork is great, but if he's been training since this mess started it could be interesting.

We know Mayweather can box, but can he fight? Not sure Conor can force that, but who knows.

I do know I'm not paying to watch it.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The prodigal son returns, to post about boys in swim trunks fisting each other.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

19. casjoker

Know way in hell I would let someone over 150 weight class hit me, ever. 150 and below I would have considered it in my 20s, at 45 no way!

V5 Racer likes this.