1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about Austin, TX

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Are we talking Los Angeles traffic? I had to deliver a bike yesterday 15 miles away. I was gone for almost 3 hours round trip.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Fuck that shit, no way I could deal with that.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Not sure when you've last been, but Doylestown has had a fairly large change in the past 10-15 years.

I've been in the area for about four years now and no real complaints........got land, a pool, and plenty of garage space for my bikes. And 1:10 to NJMP.

New Hope also ain't that bad........still the mix of gays and pirate bikers (dentists and accountants, mostly) but not like it used to be.

4. caferace

caferace No.

No. Not L.A. bad. But like anywhere, driving around is a learned skill. Just need to know the when and where. All about timing.

-jim

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Not even close to LA or New York traffic. Just a bit shitty as the population has outgrown the road infrastructure. Still a pretty decent place to live. Great food and live music scene and 4 roadrace tracks and a few MX tracks withing 3 hours. JTW just moved to the area via Seattle and Mexico so if you hit him up he could probably answer a few more of your questions regarding moving.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Must have gotten lost? Lol

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I was just ragging on Doylestown. It's just a typical small/ middle sized PA town. Same people, same type of crap, same as it ever was. There are worse places to be.

New Hope is a long running punch line for almost any PA town. When the "artists" and new yorkers who decide to get involved and change the town into what they are escaping rush in, Xburgh PA is gonna become the new New Hope. :D

In Your Corner likes this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You're just a little too far north. :D

9. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Not that bad, but during rush hour, to get from Pf, RR, Georgetown, prob 45-60 minutes downtown. Oh and no public transportation.

10. Nope. Traffic was BAD. I had to go west of USC on the other side of the 10fwy and it took forever. I was not happy.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It was 104 while I was there, felt about like 90 does in Atlanta.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I suggest getting a 5-8 bedroom house with a pool if you move to Austin! Then "we", the Beeb, can crash at your place during the GP! :D Dibs! :D

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

psst! If that is what you are trying to do talk him in to a house in Del Valle. Its really close to COTA and also to a decent MX track.:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. Man a quick Zillow search comes up with 1 place I could afford in that area. Way too rich for my blood. :D

But other surrounding areas are affordable with good size lots and big enough for the family. And of course already built shops. :D

15. You're more than welcome. But youll have to contend with kids running around. Daughter will be 2 this year and we'll have our 2nd (and last) one next year.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Stop being selfish. Think of all of your friends on the beeb!:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Or at least everyone who would call you friend if the bennies were there. ;)

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wheres John Cook to subsidize this project? :D

19. Friends eh? Y'all would sell me out for a luke warm coors light. :crackup:

crashman and TurboBlew like this.
  20. Also I'm assuming that the only Road Racing is CMRA?