1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible terrorism in Manchester UK?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 22, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't go there. Insurrection is a valid reason as well. Eject!!!!!

auminer likes this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'll add desecrating Buddha's or the bishop of Canterbury' good names whilst visiting Palestine to my bucket list....

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You can put more effort into trolling than that...

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You're going to need to be more specific who it is you're talking to. There's at least a half dozen trolls in this thread. :beer:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't surprise me but can you find where they said they want all vetting removed?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I find our vetting of refugees acceptable yes. I do also think it could be better. I think the vetting of tourists and students is a much much bigger hole in security than the refugees. I think ignoring those still here after visas expire is beyond idiotic. I don't know enough about Europes policies to comment on them but they have a much greater issue in how much easier it is for terrorists to get there no matter what the process.

Still not sure what that's got to do with blike (new name :D) stating that people here in the US are advocating no vetting whatsoever for masses of refugees...

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    sheepofblue likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? Who? What ban?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't make up lies. I never said any such thing.

Going to keep ignoring my question? Of course you are. :crackup:

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You might warm up a bit by climbing to the top of a tall tree in a thunderstorm and calling Thor a pussy.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I read all week, not surprised tho, you must be drinking out of the same well as Mongo lately.

"Political overlords", "crimes du jour", "threat of force", "outright force".....:rolleyes:......couldn't you get even more melodramatic for us??? I'd say your FTP rating is amongst the highest in here lately, keep at it, you might actually make the top rung.

If LE "knowingly" avoids hiring 'the best and brightest' in your neck of the woods, I'd say break out the air tank, fill up those tires and drive your home to a more upscale area. I've worked beside a lot of people with some impressive degrees here.

Thank you, it's kinda weird but beginning to enjoy it. :D

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have been told by a VERY senior official in an extremely respected law enforcement agency that one of the things they consider when hiring is the likelihood that this person is too smart/educated for the job. Simply put, if you should be a doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc, they're probably not going to hire you because they figure you won't work the job long enough to justify the cost to train you. It doesn't mean they won't hire intelligent people, just that it may work against them in the hiring process.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Don't understand the whole FTP issue. In general my relationships with the police (usually on the wrong end of a speeding ticket, mind you) have been professional even lenient. I've found them to be better than the average person I've met out and about. Respect gains respect. I've started buying them lunch (anonm0usly) if I run across a small group at a diner or such. Figure that instilling a little good will will pay off for someone down the road. Maybe I'm just counting on karma...perhaps.;)

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Read: I'm white. :D

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

White privilege.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think I've ever met an FTP'er that wasn't a douche who was just mad/jealous because at some point in their life they've either been arrested, or they regularly do something they should be arrested for.

16. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

you are just wrong. the koran and the bible are not similar. they are not the same. the koran promotes the violent distruction of infidels....anyone who doesn't believe in islam. Christianity promotes love and non-violence. the fact you can say "but for whatever reason, most Christians and Jews aren't running around trying to instigate Armageddon" and not understand that it is the teaching that is different, boggles my mind. IYC stated in correctly in post #529. there is NO moral equivalency. comparing how people acted in the 1st centry, 10 century etc to now is not helpful, nor reasonable. we live in today's time. the followers of islam were not suddenly dropped into today's world. they are choosing to continue to promote and follow a violent existence. Christians are not. Jews are not. I don't even know of another religion that acts even slightly similar to how muslims act. please stop trying to somehow rationalize the irrational.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What were the Jews doing in the Old Testament? All those battles that God helped them win? Those people that were dying were followers of other religions who did not want to give up their territory to this new upstart religion. Nearly every religion is spread via violence. The followers of a particular religion wish to expand their territory, so they move in and conquer a people. The newly conquered people eventually assume the customs and religion of their conquerors. Christianity is equally guilty of this. The only difference between what we're seeing now with Islam and what various peoples were seeing 500 1500 years ago is that the muslims have much more effective weapons.

And I'm not rationalizing it one bit. I'm attempting to explain it from a non-bias (maybe equally-bias would be a better description) point-of-view.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Old Testament doesn't count.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you noticed you always have to compare Christians from 1000 years ago with Muslims to try to make your point?
    That's because your argument falls apart when comparing apples to apples.

20. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

they were NOT trying to exterminate every other religion. they were NOT trying to convert every non-believer. welcome to islam.

what are Christians doing TODAY? what are Jews doing TODAY?

EDIT: muslims today: http://www.wsmv.com/story/35523742/egypt-gunmen-attack-christians-killing-at-least-24