1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big game hunter killed.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, May 23, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So it's okay to hunt but only hunting that you personally approve of?

:crackup:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

To me, it is okay to hunt/fish if you consume all that is killed.

MachineR1 and t500racer like this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Killing animals just for sport is not what I call hunting. If you are actually hunting you do it for more then just the sake of killing an animal. Killing animals is not hunting.

jase likes this.
  5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Why are they killing elephants?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They get old, the land can't handle the number of elephants feeding on it, to feed locals and the like.

Hollywood likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - it doesn't look as if they were hunting elephants, they got into a herd of them and were charged, the elephant was only shot AFTER it had grabbed this guy.

But hey, facts don't matter :crackup:

Hollywood and GixxerBlade like this.
  8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

How do you stumble into a herd of mating elephants? You would think the creaking bedsprings would have been a clue.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

New beds for the season?

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Ha. I thought elephants were endangered is why I asked.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

From the article I posted it states that the group came upon a breeding group of elephants and fired at them. This resulted in the elephants charging at the "hunters" and during this one elephant grabbed ahold of the guy then another guy shot the elephant which then fell on the guy it had in its trunk and killing him.

So from this article they shot at the elephants first. In any event, I'm satisfied with the outcome.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The one article on Yahoo says they fired, the others I read did not. More than one source is important when looking at "news".

I'm sure you are satisfied, he was doing something you do but not in the same manner so he was of course wrong, all the hunting you've ever done is of course correct and that's just all there is to it.

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I love elephants and I dont like big game hunters. That makes it easy to pick a side.

I find it fitting that after the number of animals that he killed, one finally killed him. Bye bye jou saat sokkie.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

You honestly believe a guide of his stature just randomly stumbled unknowingly into a herd of breeding elephants:crackup:
    Killing animals for sport just to get a trophy is not hunting.
    Of course your articles are facts, but the one I read are not.
    How can someone do the same thing that I do but not in the same manner. o_O
    You are right. All the hunting I do is correct. Thank You. :D

Again, I am satisfied with the end result. :beer:
    Facts be damned. LOL

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think that even experienced people make mistakes.
    Elephants are not just killed for sport any more than deer are killed for taxidermy.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

One has to feel for the family. They probably didn't wake up that morning thinking their elephant parent wouldn't be home that night. Sad.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, for their tusks. Ivory.

I kind of like smellaphants a bit more today. Some asshole took a shot at one while he was laying some pipe and the elephant f@cked him up. I bet that elephant got a ton of elephant vagina after that. "Yeah babe, I stomped on that hunter and then I pissed on him and then I stomped him some more and then all my friends stomped on him. Wanna elephant f@ck now?"

In Your Corner likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I agree. Land stewardship is critical for the long term health and survival of animal herds.

I just found the timing of this article and events somewhat peculiar since my wayward post in general concerning the topic of sport/trophy hunters.
    I put hate out into the universe concerning big game hunters and look what happened. :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You write this and then say that facts matter? :D You seriously believe that?

That guy got a nice dose of karma.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fixed ya right up thar.

Do you think the heffalumps ate their kill? :D