2017 GSXR1000R or S1000RR????

Discussion in 'General' started by FED34FIRE, May 8, 2017.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

No a Yoshi! Gixxers all need Yoshi pipes.

I hate when people say "Yoshi".

2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Go buy the one you get the better deal on. They all are awesome,you really can't go wrong whichever you choose. Well,except the Honda,of course . :D

Gorilla George and pickled egg like this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ah, nick names....everyone (thing) that's cool gets a nick name. No nick name? Sorry, you're not cool....just the way it goes.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Duc - first three. Ape - uses first two. Beemer - uses first two adds the r sound. Kawi uses first three adds an e sound. Gixxer skips right over a letter totally ignore it then goes on down the line. Makes no sense at all.

You being used to it doesn't make it less of a street squid term. That's where it came from and what it will always be :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Holy shit I'd totally forgotten about that one!!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait, I'm cool? Sweet!!!

7. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

The blade, the zed. Yea those make sense.

BMW is payin contingency not sure if you're fast enough.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Blade is short for fireblade and zed is Britspeak for the letter Z so I get those for sure.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

By that rationale should be refer to the Suzuki as G-Sex?

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly! Or G-Sexer.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

no wonder every ride on my K6 feels like having sex! it's all coming together now.and I thought I was just weird...:crackup:

12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Well that explains the sounds CU's passenger is making during this two-up.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

having owned two s1000rr's i'd buy another in a heartbeat. great bikes. kinda boring though, which is why they're affectionally called the german "gixxer" :D

i'd like to have one set up for sport touring.. comfort seat, maybe slightly lower pegs, heli bars, pilot roads, and a taller windscreen.. it's already got cruise control (godsend to get weight off your wrists on occasion) and heated grips. such a great bike.

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

so,it broke down?

op, go buy the bimmer (another bmw nick)

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ape is dumber than Gixxer. :D

16. I don't care about any of that shit. I just don't feel like typing out "GSX-R" every time on my phone.

If y'all don't want to see it, then maybe talk Mongo into censoring "Gixxer" so it changes to ":):):):):):)" automatically like HEROIC used to do. :crackup:

I'm not going to type that bullshit out every time just to please you fuckers. :moon:

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Auto complete on my phone suggest "GSX-R" as soon as I type "gs". That is more specific than "gi", so it's actually faster than using the positively proletariat term "gixxer". You should get a more modern phone, it seems. Maybe your stuck on an iphone?

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

German G-Sexer

turbulence likes this.
  19. I'm on a new iPhone 7. When I type "GS" it wants to autocorrect it to "Ha".

Maybe you should not worry about what terms other people use to specify bikes.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree it's dumb but no way on dumber :D