Favorite place to live on the east coast

Discussion in 'General' started by Six3SixGal, Mar 29, 2017.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Knoxville/east Tn, or Asheville NC. would give you what you are looking for. that's where we are heading at some point, I hope. Ski

r6boater likes this.
  2. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

I live in the Greenville area and you will pay property tax on everything! My car is $800 a year!

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Greenville, SC. They have a mental, errr Metal, person there :D

EDIT: BTW Where you an instructor with NESBA? obligatory NESBA Sucks added

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I think I would move a little bit N to Chattenooga

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Suppose I said F Florida. I've had it and I'm moving to Augusta/Evans? The remaining members of my family are there. I've visited. How miserable is it?

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'd say Asheville, or Charlotte area, huntersville matthews, waxaw, Lincolnton, are all within a 30 minute drive to Charlotte for work, and you can find houses with property for decent money.
    And lots of tech jobs
    1:30 to Cmp
    2:30 to Vir
    2:30 to road Atlanta
    4:00 to Roebling
    5:00 to Barber
    7:00 to Pitt race.
    And Charlotte has a very nice uptown area now.

7. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

Im from WA, and lived in Tacoma for four years while stationed at Fort Lewis. I went to college in North Georgia.

You'd really enjoy living in Savannah or Charleston. Plenty of tracks within reasonable and the racing scene in the southeast is much stronger than the northwest. Some of the best roads in the country are in the North Georgia mountains. I'm sure a lot of folks on here can vouch for Blood Mountain and the Loop.

The weather is hot and muggy in the summer time but gorgeous the rest of the year. Cost of living is lower unless you want to live downtown. Youre on the ocean and the whole area is rich in culture, history, and killer food. A lot less hipsters too if you're aren't into that sort of lifestyle.

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Greenville is easy to drive around in , Atlanta isn't.
    Greenville has VERY clean tap water.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Our family moved from Lakeland just before the mouse opened and I would never consider moving back. Moved to Augusta in 94. Summers are no worse than FL. Winters mild. Cost of living lower. There are hills and the roads curve. Fewer blue hairs. Surfing sucks, but the Savannah and Lake Thurmond offer plenty of recreational activities.

On the downside, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a UGA fan.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Your sh*t stinks too much for you to live in Augusta. Athens for you.

ChuckS likes this.
  11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

York PA! Yeaaaa booiiiiii! :)

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

What are you trying to say? My blood's not blue enough? :Poke:

Somewhere I heard this about meeting new people in Georgia... In Atlanta they ask "what do you do for a living?" In Savannah, they ask, "What would you like to drink?" In Augusta they ask, "What is your mother's maiden name?"

13. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Raleigh would be my choice if I were in your shoes.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

LOL, you've got it. Just practice "how 'bout them dawgs?" and you will be treated like a native in Athens.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is truth to this.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

We are full over here. Stay where you are.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Not even close to full.
    Building ~1600 houses within a couple miles of me over the next 2 years.

The best part is why spend money on thinges like new roads or wider roads.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Stop it....

This place is horrible. We are shitty people to live next to and will ruin most of your days if you move here.

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I'm going to Wilmington NC eventually. Between riding standup jetskis in surf and hanging on the beach all day to a F'ING BATTLESHIP you can hang out on, I'm sold.

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Dude, you're gonna F up my plan. I had it in my head that I was gonna move to Deland one day if you kept posting pics on the water and cookouts with beer.

V5 Racer likes this.