How many of you still admit to supporting the Clown, Trump?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Mar 19, 2017.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

How do you decide which people get to be wealthy selling their names? I'm truly curious...how do you people decide? You people on the left adore the Clinton crime family and Steve Jobs who built his fortune on the backs of Chinese slave labor. It's ok that workers commit suicide on the factory line to end their slavery as long as you get your new i-toy, but that evil Trump guy puts his name on buildings! The horror!

Foxcon puts nets around their top floors to catch workers jumping = no problem!

Trump puts his name on building and products = EVIL!

badmoon692008, XFBO and crashman like this.
  2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

are you saying that Steve Jobs is the only one who made his fortune on the backs of Chinese slave labor? because that's just idiotic.. I'm sure you at some point of your life, you have bought something that was made in China just like much of the Apple products. that's much more than a liberal issue.. most of Trump's own clothing line is made in China and other countries outside the U.S., fact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...res-the-complete-list/?utm_term=.8db1eb584046

conservatives are some of the biggest hypocrites around..

3. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Actually, your post is one of the most hypocritical I've read yet. He was making a point that you frankly reinforced. His point was that more than just Trump - including an awful lot of Democrat supporters and contributors - have operated businesses exactly the same way that Trump has. Yet, the liberals - and clearly, obviously you - want to hammer "conservatives" while giving a free pass to anybody who agrees with your ideology. His point was that it seems as though liberals "make the rules - on the fly" to justify calling conservatives "evil" because they happened to make money, or manufacture in China, or whatever.

And you fell for it. Your post is, well, the poster child of hypocrisy in this manner.

4. blkduc

LOL :whoosh:

V5 Racer likes this.
  5. jeffr1ey

where do see me giving a free pass to anyone?! where exactly have I said that Hillary should be president? have i said anything that clearly supports Hillary or Bernie for that matter. Let me know when you find it. thanks.

the fact is I don't support them and I sure is hell don't support Trump. he is just as big of hypocrite as those on opposite side of the fence. the whole political system in this country is beyond broken. that's the point. and you morons act like Trump is changing all that, when if fact he is just part of the system that is broken and has taken advantage of said system for several years. all he is doing is telling you guys what you want to hear..

jase likes this.
  6. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Pal, you really have an issue with reading comprehension. Where did I mention Hillary? Or Bernie? I was talking about your post, and the fact that you either didn't even understand what was being said (that you quoted) or you deliberately misrepresented it. I'm no "moron" - most of the time anyway :) , and if maybe you'd read a bit more you'd understand that I'm no Trump fan. You're continuing to undermine your own position.

7. jeffr1ey

pretty sure you referred to me as one of those who wants to hammer conservatives, no? so that is either a liberal or democrat from a certain perspective, no? so I assume you think I support either Hillary or Bernie, I guess I assumed too much.. LOL and how am I undermining my own position? my position is that the system is broken and Trump isn't changing that.

8. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

No, I referred to you as one who responded to the post from blkduc with a statement that was either taking things out of context or deliberately misleading. I have no idea if you support Hillary or Bernie - and never said I did. Your position isn't just that the system is broken. Your position - by your own words - was the opposite. Blkduc was making the point that with respect to making money in a business or having manufacturing overseas or using his name on his product, Trump is no different than tons of other people including Democrats and/or Liberals. NOT that only liberals did so. And then you finished that claim with the statement about conservatives being "some of the biggest hypocrites around".

Had you instead just said that "well sure, Trump is no different than the left - but they're all just bad" that would be different. That is not what you did.

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'd start with people that are not the POTUS, but that's just me.

VintageWannabe likes this.
  10. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Why are you asking me? I don't give two shits about Trump branding himself. That's what all politicians do. Just pointing out he has done it.
    Are you going to argue he isn't a politician? Go ahead, you're entitled to your opinion.

And what's with this "you people" crap? Just because I comment on the hypocrisy of some of the RWN posts doesn't mean I agree with the hypocrisy coming from the left.
    You don't see me commenting much on the left's stupid shit because in this forum that would be overly redundant.

I won't jump on the Trump Train. That doesn't make me a Trump hater or a Clinton lover. I don't like any of the two faced politicians that say one thing but claim to mean something else once it's proven they talk out their ass.

Yes Trump talks out his ass. If that makes me a lefty in your eyes that's ok because that leaves me to the right of Orvis who called him a "mother fucker".

Hey Orvis, how's the view from under the bus?? :crackup:

blkduc likes this.
  11. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

So, your answer is that no successful business person can ever become President?

I'm assuming then, that the majority of our existing high level politicians - including those on the left?

And how do you feel about politicians who have gotten rich while in office? Or those who have gotten much richer - potentially as the result of legislation that they were involved with?

How about as an example we talk about Obama?

12. jeffr1ey

:rolleyes:

you obviously took my response out of context as well. next time i won't specifically cite "conservatives", i'll make sure i do a catch all. because we are all hypocrites to a certain extent..

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

How is that different than what we've experienced in the past?

14. jeffr1ey

exactly my point.. he is no different, yet people continue to think he is.

ductune likes this.
  15. blkduc

Solid post! :beer:

ductune likes this.
  16. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

I simply took your post as written.

jeffr1ey likes this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I don't believe that is what I said; it is certainly not what I meant.
    A sitting president should not be doing anything business-wise other than the business of being president. If presidential business confers future wealth (beyond the basic trappings of the job experience -- as in your cited case of legislation) it seems a valid ethics/conflict of interest situation.
    You can pretend the emoluments issue is dead/invalid; I'm not so sure.

ductune likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

<jeffr1ey>
    It sounded to me like you were saying something negative as if that was all Trump was doing.
    I questioned it because it seems like the only thing politicians do is tell you what you want to hear, so nothing new there. But...

Trump is different. He's not a politician.

19. jeffr1ey

you really believe this?

20. fastfreddie

Would you believe me if I said he was a businessman?