1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, Dustin Apgar. He's the rider that's down in the smoke and flames you can't really see.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I believe the issue is the opening in the snorkle thing.. Not the size of the filter. (If u look at the pictures)..

However Mr CCS TecDirector dude says we ain't gonna resolve the outcome here..in the court of plublic opinion....:)

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I don't know if any of you saw the photos of his foot.. But he lost toes... It looks FknPainful...:(

Funkm05 likes this.
  4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

^^
    Ah, okay. Still those pictures look a lot worse than what I understood the situation to be. I heard the commentators talking about it after the fact but hadn't seen any video or pictures. That could have been a lot worse. Great job Jody.

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Nice work Gino. Congratulations on the successful finish. And thank you for the time and effort to post your thoughts and observations. The 200 miler remains, despite what has transpired, an American icon and you continue to be a part of it. Now, on to the rest of the year. Again, well done and thank you.

Cheers,

Dave

Gino230 and Gorilla George like this.
  6. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

My understanding is the Jody saw Dustin trapped with the bike on fire and proceeded to stop, lay his bike on the ground, and free Dustin from the burning bike.

cajun636 likes this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

It was like Senna pulling Comas from his burning F1 car in '92 at Spa.

A truly great human being in those pictures. Its perhaps the single reason that Apgar will be able to have a good quality of life when he recovers.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nuff said.

Yet the beeb will find a way. :D I'm just amazed there is so much discussion of a race the beeb deemed inconsequential, outdated, irrelevant and inconvenient long ago.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    The Great One and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How is that the FINAL Nail... Last line says
    "Appeal will be heard"

For those who are use to reading Tabloid Headlines in the check out lanes.. You should Read the entire article...it contains words..:)

badmoon692008 and jeffr1ey like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I read it completely and I understand that it is the final nail in the coffin that has yet to be fully hammered in - until the appeal is heard of course. :D
    [​IMG]

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

^^^^
    Exactly, using a sledge hammer to drive a 6penny nail... Is as dumb as the whole air filter rule to begin with..

YZROOSTINYA, Gorilla George and G 97 like this.
  13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Thank you for filling in these details for me. I truly did not realize the situation was that severe. Jody is the without question a stand-up guy that corners low for having done what he did.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Any chance a stock 848 lives through a D200 weekend?

15. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

What I was hearing both crashed, then when Jody got up he saw the fire and Dustin traped in the bike, and ran over to save him. If not for Jody's actions out come would have been much worse. Daytona's rescue team seems on point but they probably would not have been able to get there in time.

badmoon692008 and cajun636 like this.
  16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So does anybody know what the team was actually running?

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pretty sure a bmc, with the bmc round opening snorkel. (i loaned em my triangular opening bmc snorkel for comparison)

"appeal will be heard".. as a formality ?

18. MELK-MAN

if i understand this OEM parts list... there are 3 renditions of the OEM filter. It's been the same since 2014, so what 4th filter would you suggest they have included?

[​IMG]

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

As Melkma stated. BMC with the round ( oval ) opening. Exact same as both Eslick and Barnes.

Basically you can use an aftermarket part with certain MY R6 and it is legal.
    But if you use the exact same identical after market part on any other MY R6, it is illegal.

The other thing is, While there is no specific line of any rule stating that there is a year that is allowable for use of the BMC air filter and a year that is not allowable, CCS is now stating just this after the fact.

20. MELK-MAN

so here's something else to think about, and is why i stopped using Vortex "meat tenderizer" rearset footpegs. WHEN will we stop allowing this kind of peg to be used? I know of THREE riders now, that have had severe leg lacerations from these grippy, but dangerous pegs. Dustin had blood squirting from his thigh (I can only assume due to similar style peg design), and it narrowly missed his femoral artery. Had that been cut, we would likely have a different, and darker RRW article ...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/daytona-200-jody-barry-hero/#.WNGoemrW24A.facebook

And good on ya Jody Barry ! !