1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yes, that was me in the Nicky Camo helmet.

I'm taking it to the dyno this week, just to see where it's at. Not blaming the bike at all, there are guys that can do 2:00 on SV's so even a slow R6 is still very capable.

Good to see you out there, we need some kind of sticker for the Beeb people- or a secret handshake maybe?

And WERA now allows Double Bubble windscreens? Awesome!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

There are guys with 100+hp SVs, plenty with 90+. 2:00 flat SV is haulin.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh yeah I know about those SV's. My SV has about 90 but I'd be too afraid to take it there. We gotta pick up the pace next year. You going in October? And can I blame my bike for me being slow?!!? lol

We def need a handshake, decal or something. Although I always have my WERA decals put above the others on my bike.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

2:00 SV's will be the least of your worries in CCS LTWT @ Daytona.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So with his foot being stuck in his chain and sprockets I would think there might be a Shark Guard rule next year.... Makes me feel good about mine... Same thing happened to Messa at Road America one year too if I am not mistaken........

9. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Last race of the day was a Ducati 1100 (unknown engine build) vs my SV650, superstock.

It was about as ugly as you'd expect :D

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

He had a shark guard snd it still happened. Scares me, club racing isnt worth my toes.

badmoon692008 and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Does the 2017 R6 have a Bold New Air Filter?

12. Nope. It's unchanged from 2016, just like the rest of the bike. :D

Kolbe, pickled egg and rafa like this.
  13. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

That was you? Yeah I was packing up my stuff from the garage and was listening over the PA's...

slimjim00 likes this.
  14. dantheman

No kidding. My poor SV motor is tired. Heck Ray was running a 1:57 I think on his Ducati I think? Definitely some fast LWT bikes for sure out there.

15. Gino230

Ray Hoffman can do :57's on his 749, as can Mavros, but he's inconsistent...as a result of a bone he had removed from his hand due to a crash in '12 or '13 when he was going for the overall #1 plate.

The Duc 1100s are strong at Daytona, but the 749s are stronger. The 749 is only legal for Thunderbike and LW F40. SV is most competitive in Ultra LW SB and LW SB. The hybrid Ducs are not allowed.

sdiver and MELK-MAN like this.
  16. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Good thing about racing against just an 1100... Lots of radio time.

Bad thing... The announcer is f'n savage. "East is like a race dog - try as he might the rabbit will remain just out of reach"

Like shit dude, I'm down anywhere from 30-50hp and giving it my all over here hahaha

MELK-MAN and Gino230 like this.
  17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Tino and I did 1:55's in one race a few years back. He on Kat's Bimota, and I on Tom's hybrid 1100cc (but tom's bike is only legal in GTL and LWGP as it's not the same motor that comes in that frame). The Pierbon can do that time i'm sure..

G8rDuc and sdiver like this.
  18. Gino230

Great, so now we know what two Aliens are capable of. Everyone else: Carry On. :beer:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

20. dantheman

LOL yeah man I recall that now... Good times!