1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Trump's fault....violent leftist nutjobs burn down UC Berkeley

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't he be able to hold meetings wherever it's convenient and comfortable for his guests. Is he charging an exorbitant fee for the facilities or is he even charging anything for it at all? I really don't know.

2. mtcam77

mtcam77 Well-Known Member

Because if you are a journalist these days, it's the type of thing you want to home in on and make it an issue. Many things that have been common practice for decades of administrations are now fodder for the "journalistic" community to point to and cry foul. Sort of like the outcry over the resignations at State.

3. mtcam77

Are you seriously referencing "journalistic" standards in this day and times? You may be different from most but, based on your posts to date, I'm going to have to withhold certification at this point.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The only people who that is an issue for is those who live in the MSM echo chamber. Nobody else gives a shit.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Do you actually know any journalists? Just like any other field there are those that shouldn't be there but there are a lot of others that I consider some of the most honest and honorable people I've known. I've only been doing print journalism for about 30 years though, so what would I know. :D

6. Newsshooter

Because we're paying for it, the jet, the security detail, etc.... it all gets paid for by the taxpayers. You guys bitched and moaned about Obama but you don't seem to care that Trump is outspending him.

7. Newsshooter

Sure it's suitable, but unless necessary, why is the extra expense needed for interviews. What do you think the cost for Airforce one and the fighter jets nearby cost for a five hour flight, 200K, more, less?

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. mtcam77

I don't personally know any journalists. I can judge the honesty of the profession by what's being displayed as journalism in today's world. I consider journalistic integrity to be non-bias reporting of the facts (including the absence of non-reporting of facts that do not support the agenda). I don't have a long history of your non-biased reporting. Based on your recent posts regarding the Trump administration, I would appreciate any links to where you were equally critical of Obama's spending of taxpayer dollars before I come to a conclusion regarding your personal "journalistic" integrity. Forum posts, online articles, anything would be fine. Other posters here have not made a claim of such journalistic virtues so, I won't expect any reference to the "Trump supporters" in your links.

9. Fonda Dix

How many $787 billion "stimulus" packages has Trump done? How many huge checks to Iran and Hamas has President Trump signed? How much money has President Trump wasted to prop up a failed pyramid tax scheme disguised as insurance just to protect his legacy?

FWIW, the Black Bagger Vance sure spent his fair share of travel money.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...avel-costs-bring-eight-year-total-96-million/

10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

So, I can gather from this response that any "affordable" place is acceptable.

OK, find out how much this cost and lets compare it to a golf trip or another Hawaii vacation or even Michelle's hairdresser then lets see if DJ is out of line.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Not to mention "green energy" boondoggles, e.g. Solyndra...

12. Newsshooter

I've seen this one a few times, didn't do a lot of searching though,

The three Mar-a-Lago getaways, combined with the hundreds of thousands of public dollars spent on Secret Service protection during two international trips Trump’s adult sons have taken to promote their father’s business, cost taxpayers about $11.3 million over the first month’s of Trump’s presidency, according to the UK-based Independent. President Obama, by contrast, spent an average of $12.1 million on travel each year.

It wasn’t even a year ago that Trump was complaining about taxpayers “paying a fortune for the use of Air Force One.”

At that rate he'll spend 1084 million if he were to be in office 8 years. The ACA isn't going to go away, it may be modified but the more people that drop out of it the more the rates will go up. And we'll go back to more emergency room and catastrophic medical bills that aren't covered and people can't pay. And it will be like it has for the past 20 years, medical insurance rates will rise for everyone. I don't my sister in law who's a teacher to try to keep her benefits the same and not worry about the salary when their contract was in negotiation 20 years ago. It hasn't changed and won't until there is insurance reform.

13. Newsshooter

Well I'm not a trump, clinton or obama supporter. I was hoping Kasich was the republican choice. As far as I was concerned with those two we were screwed either way. But from what I've seen so far from trump I'm less than impressed.

14. Newsshooter

Sure let's compare a vacation to interviews for cabinet positions. One is a staycation, the other is doing business where it was designed. You can bet in addition to the cost of flights and security we're paying his company to hold his meeting at his property in Florida.

15. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

You do realize that if the president walks down the street to get a coffee, it cost for security, right?

It all cost, you are deflecting the amount of cost and where it goes.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know a few. I don't consider them dishonest, but they are not among the most honest and honorable. They don't necessarily intentionally lie, but they don't let facts get in the way of a good story. They selectively quote and leave out facts that don't fit their narrative.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Of course you do realise that this 'pyramid principle' is pretty much the basis for all insurances, right?....

18. Fonda Dix

Yes

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The left would still be crowing about how their candidate won "the popular vote" even if President Trump could STFU. They're so pathetic they need to hang onto anything they can. Actually, it shows just how truly fucking stupid Hillary and her team were. They put their resources into winning some shit that doesn't even matter. It's like if a team were playing at the Super Bowl and trying to just gain yardage instead of scoring points.

speeddaddy likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Point of order...neither Hillary or Trump got a majority.