1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's March

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Why should society be forced to pay for either?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Because the last time I looked at our society most of the fostering programs are funded by the government via tax payer dollars.

http://family.findlaw.com/foster-care/foster-care-funding-and-federal-programs.html

http://www.nationalfostercare.org/federal-budget-and-funding.html

I'm not saying that all foster parents rely on that funding entirely but it is there. Don't get me wrong I am all for not paying for children that aren't mine.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

In a perfect world neither would be the responsibility of society. I do not really care if crack hoe gets an abortion but I really don't care about crack hoes baby either. IMO, my liability ended once the 2 that I am supposedly responsible for reached adulthood.

4. Venom51

On this we agree.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

How about government funded sterilization (since we are meandering down that eugenics road)?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm in if it's optional.

7. Venom51

Depends...is the person in question reliant entirely on the government for their day to day existence? I could make the argument that if you are part of the welfare system for more than a year and can't maintain your own existence then perhaps letting you breed isn't best option for society.

galloway840 and TurboBlew like this.
  8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That was the point I was trying to make, and then realized I completely forgot the foster parent option, which I see more as a valid reason than paying welfare, WIC, SNAP etc which is where my mind was going.

9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

No. Funded doesnt mean forced.
    Forced sterilization is fucking barbaric. That is not up to you to decide if someone gets to keep a part of their body in tact.

That gets my blood boiling.

There are doctors that have been caught doing this to young girls who get abortions in other countries. Put them under for a D&C, they never are able to conceive again.

Fuck those assholes.

You are an unfit mother, your children are now the property of Carl's Jr.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The president of South Africa believes that a good shower after sex prevents AIDS transmission. I'm not talking about a rumor either. He says shit like that to the media.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that was his defense after news came out that he had unprotected sex with a young woman (I want to say teenager but I don't remember for sure) he obviously wasn't married to. He took a good shower afterwards, so it was no big deal.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I hope it's a dictatorship. If not they've gone to the Marion Barry level of elections :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nope. Elected. But much like the two parties in the US, the ANC is so dominant that it has essentially in a one-party system since the end of the apartheid system.

15. Venom51

There is nothing forced if you understand that the requirement is a consequence of being part of the welfare system for an extended period of time. If you know that is a possibility going in then you can make a decision as to either you don't want to attempt to work hard enough to maintain your existence or if you prefer to let someone else do it for you.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sounds like the U.S. isn't the only place that needs to shore up sex education. That is just...well, Mongo's wow pretty much sums it up.

17. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

"Hard work" doesn't guarantee you an existence.
    Some people have absolutely no marketable skills and have zero ability to learn. The "anyone can dig a hole" sentiment is nice - but how many people need a fucking hole dug?

Reproduction should not be tied into the welfare system - from then on it's a slippery slope. Why allow anyone welfare at all? A drain on society should be executed.

Quid-pro-quo on welfare in that sense is fucked up. Getting the people that can learn a blue collar job, into the position of learning should be a goal of our welfare system. Give them a stipend while getting them into a stable job. Having a job and a termination date on the welfare for able bodies is really the goal here, right?

A large society will never get rid of people opening their hands and mouths. If that is your goal - you need to start your own society and ensure all people born and allowed to maintain membership, are able bodied and equally contributing people. Utopia even had punishment for people who stopped contributing.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of people need holes dug. Lots of people who refuse to learn actually can learn. Lots of jobs out there that anyone - and yes I mean anyone - can be trained to do.

Agreed on the rest tho :D

19. Venom51

Nope. The welfare system was intended to be a helper for someone who has run across an unfortunate set of circumstances that impacted their ability to sustain themselves. The key word being temporary. There are too many people who are on it permanently and are in some case happy to live that way. It has been perverted away from it's intention. If I were currently running the program if they wanted a check they would have to report to the local office where they would find a check and a bus waiting to take them to their temporary government day job. Might be hole digging...might be picking up trash along the highway. But they would be doing something to earn the money they are being handed. There would be a grace period of say 6 months. If after 6 months you haven't figured out a way to get your life back on track then you get to work day jobs until you do.

And about that hard work thing. In one way you may be right. Hard work combined with shitty decision making abilities will leave you finding it very difficult to get ahead. So yes...hard work alone may not cut it.

I didn't mention anything about Utopia..

Notice I am not advocating for the destruction of the welfare system or any system that helps someone in need out. However the key word there is need. If you "need" some temporary assistance because despite your hard work and good decisions you are coming up a little short then by all means we need to help you. If you "need" to sit around on your ass and make the dumb decision of reproducing when you can't feed yourself then we don't "need" to help you.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    galloway840 and crashman like this.
  20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Yep, the guy is always the problem...

Maybe the female was a real bitch and he was stuck supporting her and her children.

Dont want children...dont fuck. If you fuck, you gamble with a life changing outcome. Gamble with someone that will be good to be stuck with.