Best and Worst Rental Cars You Have Had in 2016?

Discussion in 'General' started by Linker48X, Nov 10, 2016.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I thought the turbo ones were the ones with the center pipes, so I was basing it off tour pic. I never actually drove one or even sat in one. I just kinda like them in theory.

2. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I had a coworker show me national about 4 or 5 years ago, and I usually rent from them if at all possible. Automatically executive through my CC helps too. Sometimes it's nice just to try new and different things out. I've had a bunch of Mopar stuff this year. A few Challengers and Chargers, a Grand Caravan, a Grand Cherokee, and a Cherokee. I had an F150, Focus, Fusion, and Mustang too. I think I had a Pathfinder, Camry and/or a Cruze too, but those weren't really that memorable. Of all of those, the Fords are the easiest for me since I own or have owned a Mustang and Fiesta ST. The menus are mostly the same and I already know how to completely turn off traction control. I don't know if I can pick a best. I did like the Fusion, but I will probably never buy one. The ecoboost mustang was surprising because I wasn't expecting it. The worst in my opinion was the Cherokee (not the Grand Cherokee). Basically a FWD mini SUV with excessive driving nannies, a glitchy touchscreen, a funky transmission, and no power. When I say FWD, it was actually supposed to be AWD or 4x4, whatever they program it to be. But, it was not good execution.

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Got a brand new like 150miles Nissan whatever the littlest car is called when my car was totaled. What crap. Had to keep windows down because the smell of new car plastic was choking. CVT trans. Enough said.

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Sentra? The transmission was hateful. When the Enterprise guy asked how the car was I noted how much I disliked the CVT. I don't think he knew what that even was anyways, but it's on the record!

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Best, when I was upgraded from a Ford Focus to a just off the hauler Chevy Suburban. Worst is a tie between a Jeep Liberty and a Jeep Patriot. Man, those were turds.

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I looked it up, it was a versa. Like a honda fit, only invented by satan instead of god himself.

Chango likes this.
  7. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Best: Corvette Stingray
    Worst: Toyota Camry

8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I have never had a bad rental car and I always use enterprise . I liked the fact that they can pick you up and drop you off .. no charge .
    On the occasions that I needed to use them
    ( truck in shop) I would always request the cheapest little car they had . On many of those rental times , they would not have a cheap little car . So I got a decked out full size Ram for the cost of the little shit box . No complaints from me . The enterprise dealer by me was in bed with the Dodge dealer , and it always worked out great .

9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Only rental car was the Chevy Spark, in Playa del Carmen Mexico a couple of weeks ago. With the family of 4. Sure didn't use much fuel in the couple hundred miles we put on. Sure didn't have anything else going for it either.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had a Ford Flex last weekend. Not bad all in all. Not a fan of the 16 gallon fuel tank but the rest was nice.

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I was going to post about the versa, but a friend was driving it, so I didn't think that qualified.

Flight from Key West was cancelled. Had to be back to work. Rented the cheapest car possible and drove 22 hours home.

It got good gas mileage, and it had satellite radio. Otherwise, the car was miserable.

I was convinced that Nissan couldn't possibly produce such a crap car and went online to try to 'build' one that wasn't stuck on "fleet vehicle" mode. No dice. It's just a cheap car. Which is a good thing for lower income folks ...but I would buy a used Corolla instead.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Best rental was a Lincoln MK ...whatever their fusion is called.

The difference is Lincoln will put the 3.5 (3.7?) v6 into that chassis. It's a nice combo, and a good interior.

13. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

looking at a potential road trip soon.

is there anything out there that gets kickass mileage (like 35+ freeway) and doesn't suck?

enterprise has fusion hybrid and prius...? :(

what else is out there?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

35+ and not sucking don't go together :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

probably. anything much lower than that though, and it's close to "f*** it, get a play car" territory.

16. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Corvette gets 29mpg hwy:clap:

rocalotopus and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Center pipes sounds like the Veloster, not the Elantra. I want to like the veloster, but it's not that fast for what it costs.

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

At what speed?

My car averages 34 when I do 75, but tops 40 if I make a point to stay under 70...

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've owned a few sports cars and have never been a Vette guy, unless I could get a 63-67. However, that new Corvette looks like I could enjoy it. Never driven one yet, but think I would like it

20. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

very cool idea, but could be dealing with snow. also haven't driven anything near that quick and RWD in a while. :(