1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst Rental Cars You Have Had in 2016?

Discussion in 'General' started by Linker48X, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

You really won't quit pushing that agenda, will you? :D

BigBird likes this.
  2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Whatcha gettin?

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

A mini van...

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Have you looked at Costco Travel? I always rent through them and get better rates there than going directly through someone like Budget and typically even better rates than my corporate rate.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Yeah, about 35 hp. A 4 speed, was all the way to the floor to not get stuck. Big fail

6. Well my daily is a 96 F-150 5.0 single cab long bed 4wd and I love it. I'm going to keep it for the shop truck and then I'm going to get a 93-96 F350 SRW crew cab 7.3 diesel crew cab long bed 4wd with a manual. It's my favorite truck. Dumb dream to most but I've been lusting for a few years Over one.

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Grabbed a Infinty QX80 last weekend to load up Snowboards and homies. Only ended up being one other friend and I, loads of room and plenty of comforts. Definitely enough power.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Dude, when you have little ones, they are fantastic. Much better than a "raised up station wagon" i.e. SUV, or a sedan.

The older version of that is my wife's favorite car ever, QX56.

9. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Okay, so I'm back. Another "worst of" candidate, now for 2017. We just finished up a month in Palm Desert and we needed something big enough to carry two bike boxes and two suitcases, but small enough to be affordable for a month long rental, so we went for a midsize SUV. We ended up with a Mitsubishi Outlander. Actually a LOT smaller than we expected, with tapered rear and side windows, and short body, only just barely got boxes and suitcases in, low end audio, no hp or handling, and it had one of those horrible shiftless steel belt transmissions that sounded like a motorboat accelerating onto the freeway, motor running steadily about 4500 rpm as the speed slowly increased and it made about a dozen phantom shifts then just settled into a long steady slide forwards--waaaaaaaaaaa. Have driven that thing a ton (this IS southern Cal--over at the beach now) and disliked about every mile.

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Since the main justification for shiftless transmissions is improved fuel mileage, how was the fuel mileage?

11. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I rented a Durango, ended up liking it so much I bought one a week later. Can't believe I wanted to own a Dodge, but it's real nice.

12. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Not bad, hi 20's, but even my non-Motorhead wife noticed it and said she didn't like it.

How I got our first one. Now have a late model and like it a lot.