1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst Rental Cars You Have Had in 2016?

Discussion in 'General' started by Linker48X, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lower than 35? That covers most every vehicle out there including a LOT of crap econo boxes.

The Flex I had got 22mpg from Vegas to Fontana and back last weekend. Not sure if it had an eco mode or not, never had enough time in it sitting still to find all the settings. I've had some mini vans get 25ish.

If you want to spend the money and have cool get a Vette - should be close to 30 Hwy.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I was getting 42mpg on the freeway the other day in my 2016 Civic.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Enterprise doesn't quite work like that in terms of procuring their cars. They do buy from local dealers, but the discount is around the same from all. Some dealers will force Enterprise to give them the same brand car if they are sending them for replacement vehicle, e.g. Dodge dealer next door to Enterprise will ask that their customer be in a FCA product or they would not pay the bill. Not usually the case, but sometimes it is, so Enterprise will like try to keep that brand's car around.

Enterprises up here, NYC, likes to give the pickups for eco cars, because the eco cars depreciate a lot, and space wise they'll just want to get the pickup out the door. And, when they resell pickups, it doesn't depreciate a lot irregardless of the mileage.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He said that doesn't suck...

:crackup:

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

New worst one for the year. Cumbuco Brazil. Gauges didn't work. Got stuck and then ran out of gas

[​IMG]

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:moon:

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

2016 Camaro with sport v6.

saw 140 and had a little to go. Thing redlined @ 7k, and liked it. Most recent gassers start running out of breath near redline; not this one! Loved to rev!

Handaled well also.

Vision pretty limited with low roofline. Lots of fun!

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

So whats the best way to get a deal on an upgrade, or just a deal in general (if you don't rent a lot - I do maybe once a year). We're going to Ft Meyer's area in late April and the prices seem nuts to me. $29/day for a shitbox, 90/day for convertible. Would love to get into a convertible but $50/day is about my pain threshold. These prices are from Expedia.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Prices are cheap in FL right now. I was paying 20 bucks a day after taxes from enterprise for a mid size 2 weeks ago. My step-dad passed away recently but will always remember the time he drove me to rent a car. I was getting the cheapest compact to go down to the keys for a weekend of kiteboarding. I was checking out and he asked the sales guy how much more for the red mustang convertable? He paid the difference and I spent the weekend in the keys with the top down. He was a really cool guy

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never gotten an upgrade without paying. We rent enough days a year with National to be in their free upgrade program which is how we can grab the minivans and such.

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Ok , it was an assumption on my part . The Dodge dealer was right down the street , and on more than one occasion, we went straight to the Dodge dealer to pick up a vehicle for me to use . And when I needed something , cheapest thing they had listed was good enough for me . But only received a small car once .

12. We rented a dodge caravan from enterprise to go up to the mountains last year and my wife loved it. She now wants a minivan. FML.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

Best: Mustang convertible we rented for a weekend over the summer.

Worst: Jeep Compass we rented to take From MN to Nebraska in December. Returned it about 10 min after we left and exchanged it for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Made the 9 hour drive and driving in the ice/snow storm at least bearable. Very glad that I have a good relationship with the Enterprise just down the road from our dealership.

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm not in rental cars enough but I always get the stupidest thing on purpose. It's hilarious driving this POS around Austin tx. Hertz has one if you're interested
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 12.21.49 PM.png

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Smart Lady.

That's how we first fell in love with the minivan was on vacation. 4 years later, nothing really beats it for a family or even Home Depot runs

16. I know, I have accepted it but I don't like it. Daughter just turned 1 and we are going to have another kid probably next year after my wife is done with school and we move. So it's becoming more and more of a reality.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

The only way I truly accepted it was by making sure my bikes are still around, and now I have a "fun" car. But when you start using those sliding doors in a parking lot...you'll feel like a genius, well your wife will :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

That is what I had in Mexico. God I could not imagine driving that thing day to day.

19. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Well, it is based on a VW Bug. that was designed 70yrs ago

20. Bikes are not going anywhere and I'm buying my "dream" truck this year so I have no worries about ANY of that. I just don't want to drive it at all.

BigBird likes this.