1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

There was a French economist in the 60s who predicted the Soviet Union would collapse within 40 or so years. Everyone laughed at him. Sometimes smart people can carefully analyze a situation and predict the right outcome, but often if it goes against the group consensus they'll be laughed out of town. Just goes to show that "experts" fit their models to the groupthink belief rather than actually modeling anything. I believed before he won the nomination that Trump could win if nominated. Then he got the nomination and did a bunch of dumb shit and I figured momentum was against him and he'd lose. I always thought he could win but that Hillary was more likely to pull it off. In my experience the system usually always wins. My ballpark was 49% for a Trump win. Clearly you called it better. I live in Los Angeles so I never saw the grassroots support he had elsewhere. Never thought it was as extensive as some of you said but clearly it was even more than that. Good on Trump for throwing a grenade into the whole mess. You have my admiration for sticking to your guns even though it was unpopular. I really hope you put some money down on it early.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

OpenSRS (relevant portion of TUCOWS) is a domain registrar, I've worked with them. Same group is responsible for Ting cellular service too. AFAIK they do email hosting, but no webhosting. The actual IP used for the web site (69.60.8.26) comes back to Datagram INC according to ARIN, with a NY City address.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I tried...no one would bet me!

Let's be clear about something, I'm a humble man and while everything I said above is true...I'm posting here to have some fun and shit talk. I just want to get people talking and have some fun that's it. This election was a wild ride.

:beer:

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I must say that with each tweet that Trump releases I'm beginning to like him more. He gives me real hope that he will really shake things up for this country and put us on a completely different set of rails. A brave new world so to speak. Even Obama is feeling unnoticed to some extent. He's taking some actions that seem rather vindictive as much as anything. Obama, of course, is doing every thing that he can to create problems for Trump. Bush got some legislation passed not long after 9/11 that created a data base program on people, mostly Muslims, from several middle Eastern countries and actually deported a ton of untrustworthy people from those parts of the world. In 2011 Obama froze that program and just a day or so ago he ordered it completely dismantled. Trump, if he intended to base some of his actions on the program, will have to start completely from scratch to set up another similar program if he can pull it off. Obama seems to be taking on a scorched Earth policy in some ways.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Unless someone happens to keep the database. Kind of the opposite of Hildebeasts minions wiping backups to cover for her. Are there any out there that will save a backup to benefit the incoming president? If not he needs to thoroughly clean out the debris down to low levels.

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

When that Piece of Shit of a prez says things towards Trump like: you shouldn't overuse your EXecutive Orders, I mean..... Seriously? That cocksucker broke the record on EO use and has the balls to tell someone else not to abuse them?

Eat a dick hypocrite.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Colleen said Trump should make Billy Bush his press secretary. :crackup:

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Trump has yooge gonads. It wouldn't surprise me that much.

10. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Exactly how did he break the record for EO use? I'm not the biggest fan of Obama but he's still issued less than W and less that Reagan. The all time record goes to Roosevelt with more than 3000.
    http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not a fair comparison.

FDR had three terms to be a cunt. :D

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I wonder if EO's are not all of equal importance? An EO to proclaim a day of mourning for justice Scalia might not be as important as one abrogating a law....?

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

The permanent ban for offshore drilling for a struggling industry was kinda big EO. Could be Obama is setting the stage for 2020 election.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And a minor global skirmish.

15. ped

ped Banned

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If it was an EO, How could that be permanent? More like a 26 day ban, no?

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It was withdrawn from the leasing agreement without a expiration time period. Semantics and yes, the countdown has begun.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Obama's new limitations on offshore drilling will not hurt us much in the short term so we have some time to remedy that rule change. Oil/gas drilling in the Eagle Ford in South Texas and the Permian basin in West Texas is benefiting from new technology and new cost cutting efforts, and for the past year or so, has been growing like a bat out of hell. Exxon, Chevron, and a few other big drilling groups are going back in with guns blazing. Some of them have lowered their costs by something like 30% just the last two years so they are now making profits with oil at the $45.00 or so mark per barrel.

I was reading an article this morning in the Fort Worth Star Telegram where Microsoft is working with a Swiss firm producing the digital control systems that will make a drilling rig a lot more efficient and a hell of a lot more safe for the drilling crew. They already have control systems that eliminate any manual handling of the drill pipe. All these E-systems are already in place on many newer rigs. Changes are coming in the drilling industry and some of the most advanced systems have been in deep water wells for awhile already.

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Holly shit really? The economy has really been on a tear while he has been in office hasn't it......LMAO:crackup::crackup:

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If you only look at the numbers, yes, it's done relatively well during his terms. Unfortunately, it's doing well because all of the wealthy people that didn't get destroyed in the crash have been buying up everything on sale and taking advantage of QE and 0% interest to pile more money on top of their billions. The majority of the middle class has had the shit beat out of them for the last 8 years.