1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Announcement: MotoAmerica LIVE televison package

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Apr 9, 2016.

1. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Should be easy except if your internet provider is also a cable company they block a bunch of the "free" things.

2. hrc_nick_11

And I already paid for Motortrend on demand for this very reason! They said it would be on motortrend! Bunch of BS.

3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

This makes our family very happy. We just called DirecTV and got the cheapest package that includes BeIn Sports. We're looking forward to watching American roadracing live again.

The Great One likes this.
  4. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I decided to sign up for the SlingTv world sports package since its $10 a month and the only way to watch Motoamaerica. So far it looks good, you have a few days to watch the races it looks like and streams good on the roku

5. It isn't on TV for many of us, that is what the complaints are about.

But for MotoGP and WSBK it isn't a big deal, I just pay for the streaming directly from their website. BeIN won't let you do that.

My internet is also provided by my cable company (that doesn't carry BeIN).

But personally, streaming doesn't work for me. I am out of the country a good bit, on airplanes, or if I have to visit one of my rigs the internet isn't fast enough to support streaming. I need to have a subscription to something where I can go back and watch videos after the fact. One thing that was done right in the DMG days (I don't know if MA will keep it up or not) is that they would put full races on the AMA YouTube channel. I can do something like that because I can watch it later, and let it load for a while if needed.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

600 race from yesterday is on at 11:00 eastern.

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Trying this. Got everything all downloaded. It says moto3 in one hour. Which is weird because that means moto3 is at 1030 a.m. Austin time?

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If you have a product you want to sell you make it easily accessible or you make it so desirable that people will seek it out. Right now MA is neither of those two things.

drop likes this.
  9. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Sounds right, moto3 is 11am

drop likes this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

If you have a series you're trying to make viable you put it where the financials work until your p&l allows otherwise. I'm happy to watch it but wouldn't go to extraordinary measures either

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I'm in the same boat. To add to that I live in Canada and Bein isn't even available in Calgary. I'll check the PS4 app when I get home from this trade show today.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Hmm. Now it's saying moto3 at 1155. Don't know if that's because the time difference or 1 hour delay. I'll take it for now ;)

13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Yes it is, but only from Shaw satellite.

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ahh, I didn't know that. I knew I looked on Shaw cable last year and it wasn't on it.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

I just tried this. No bueno. What do you do once you click on the bein channel? It does nothing...

16. hrc_nick_11

I tried the GO90 thing and the bein thing has two channels English and Spanish and they are both old soccer games.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Just watched the 600ss race. Coverage was great for free...

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Click bein channel. Search motogp. Once it comes up it shows 2 links. One for motogp. One with what looks like a dirtbike. I clicked the dirtbike and just watched the ma 600ss race.

19. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

How are you watching for free?

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Download the GO90 app to your phone/tablet etc. It is free, and Verizon owns/developed it.

Then search for motogp, and click on it. The interface isn't the best, but once you find out how to enter a search, search motogp/ superbike/ motoamerica. Links will come up to the live broadcasts. Click on them and you are watching.

A note, you can't watch things until they go "live". But there is a countdown clock for that.