1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernie Sanders: What he's really about, in his own words

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Aug 11, 2015.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would argue that the vote for the 0.5% (third party) is more important than he vote for the 49% that lost. If people keep voting for the 3rd party, it can grow into a sizable enough block that the one of major parties have to at least pay attention to them for fear of losing more votes to that 3rd party. If you don't think this is true, look how far Bernie has moved Hillary to the left. I know Bernie is officially running as a Democrat, but that isn't really where he stands.

crashman likes this.
  2. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

I'd say they are paying at least a little attention, that's how you get people like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz claiming to have libertarian leanings. Of course once they are asked real questions the truth shows that they are not for liberty for all, but they still hope by saying it they can swing some votes their way.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Of course Turd Taster will ballot for Hill-dawg.

Of course he'll also claim he didn't, and challenge you to prove it...

You should try ignoring him. It makes for much less stupid interwebz. :D

Ghost of Casby and XFBO like this.
  4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

That's what I've been trying to say all along - people have no idea how expensive it will be to get free stuff.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    The greater the percentage of people that vote for the 3rd party is the more the other 2 parties will shift in an attempt to capture that vote. Marching lockstep with "your" party no matter what has allowed both sides to become more partisan and is why the government is as dysfunctional as it is. What is really funny is how the hardcore supporters of both parties think that they are doing the right thing but in reality are very similar to each other and a large part of the problem.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

All questions, no answers.
    How Papa-esque of you.

I expect you to be defensive, because you use the same tactic to make yourself feel superior when it comes to politics. It pretty much goes along with supporting Ron Paul.
    Self-awareness isn't your strong point in this instance.

I actually have voted for winners, but then, I actually vote on election day rather than sitting home sulking because my perfect candidate isn't on the ballot.
    But you're right, I can't consistently pat myself on the back for not voting for anyone in office (the only people who actually get to do anything).
    Nor do I get to lecture everybody else who voted for actual winners.
    It obviously feels very good to you, though.

8. In Your Corner

If 49.5% as opposed to 49% would have won the election, then that would be exactly the case.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How do you know the 0.5% would have voted with you?
    And if the other candidate got the 50.5% anyway, who cares?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I realize introspection isn't your strong suit...I suspect you've sat shiva quite some time now with all your mirrors cloaked, but the only one who shakes his fist over how others vote in here is you.

But you keep on telling us "losers" about our lonely island of defeat you seem to deny living on.

And to dispel your ridiculous assertion, I'm the guy who attends his caucuses, gets elected delegate and goes to the conventions. Feel free to go fuck yourself while we heavy lifters do the dirty work of getting elections won.

Ghost of Casby and crashman like this.
  11. In Your Corner

Remind me of when Ron Paul was elected.

12. In Your Corner

If, if, if.
    Believe it or not, the vote percentages for the two main candidates don't total 100%.
    You shouldn't need to be told that.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Remind me of when I dressed you down for not voting for him.

You're the one who passes judgment on others' votes, Chumley, not me.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people feel that way thus Bernie, Trump and Cruz hold a large majority when combined while the Hillary and Bush campaigns struggle or worse.

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Is Bernie gonna get screwed by the Superdelegates?

16. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

No, he'll get screwed by his poorly thought out policies.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh there are a CRAPLOAD of people who have found out these last couple years with their Healthcare coverage!!! I'm just hopeful that the majority of them were Hope & Change supporters....oh boy I pray for that one real hard!

In Your Corner and turtlecreek like this.
  18. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

American healthcare is in a bad state and it started long before Obamacare.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That's why so many of your fellow Canuckistanians jump the border to come to American health practitioners...

Good thing you know more than they do

Ghost of Casby and XFBO like this.
  20. How Christ like of you. :D

Which verse was it where he said "go in peace my brothers, and pray for expensive health care for your enemies?":p