1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We did Vintage on Friday last year at Roebling in March, not sure if that will happen again or not.

2. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that was all I needed. I am trying to get a RD400 ready and didn't know how much time I had. I understand that is not written in stone but it does give me a target. I'm going to try to make school at Tally if at all possible.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I'm going to toss an idea out for consideration here. On double header weekends what would be the possibility of running V5/V6LW with LWT-SS/LWT-SB (much like V6HW, V7 and V8 are run mixed with modern classes)? We already practice together and it might add a few more riders to the grid.

t500racer and Gorilla George like this.
  4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

What about the 250's that alson V5?
    They already run in those races as their modern class

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What about them? The 250s already have their specific class for them on DH weekends, those of us with vintage bikes sit at home.

t500racer likes this.
  6. Sounds like a good idea to me.

It would bring Vintage racers to the DH weekends and would make the grids larger overall.

7. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Personally speaking, I avoid DH rounds closer to home (VIR for example) specifically because I cannot race the Vintage classes. Obviously I don't know the logistics of making something like this happen on the schedule, but it would surely be an incentive for me to race rounds I would otherwise skip.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Yeah, now that I think about it this should only be tested this season in the southeast region. :D

9. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

:D

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I wouldn't be surprised if the E and F bikes get their own race. They're growing in popularity and they got split off quite a few times.

11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

12. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that will work because a lot of the V5 and V6LW riders are already in those LWT races because they run DSS and DSB at the same time, right?

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's on the weekends where vintage is on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wade Parish likes this.
  14. Wade Parish

Uh... Huh?
    What I'm saying is adding V6LW to the LWTSS race will not help entries because most V6LW racers are already in that race in the DSB class.
    DSB doesn't run at the same time as LWTSS on DH weekends?

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I was talking about double header weekends where vintage isn't run on Saturday. The vintage bikes (or at least mine) are sitting at home.

16. Wade Parish

Yes, I understand that's what you're saying. I'm saying I don't think it'll add much because those bikes already have a good class to run in that race.
    ....unless you're talking about getting people out because it'll pay points in those vintage classes.
    What kind of bike are you racing?

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

FZ600 (V5 bike). The guys I was racing with last year weren't going to DH events, I do believe points had a lot to do with it.

18. Wade Parish

Gotcha.
    It'd be even more excellenter if they maybe found a different class to do it in so your V5 buddies would come out and so all us Hawk, EX500,FZR400 folks could run V6LW and still run DSB too!
    Looking at a DH schedule though, that'd be pretty hard to do. Everything else is too fast. Maybe if the E and F classes get big enough to warrant their own race they could throw V5 in with them and put V6LW in with F2.

Ah, off-season brainstorming.... I'm sure Sean REALLY appreciates it.
    You're welcome, Mongo!

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What hotels should I look at around tally and roebling?

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

No because the 250 guys run V5 on Saturday a lot of the time. So putting them with them would just take away from another spot. And V6LW bikes already run in F2. That's the sunday races for those bikes. DSB and F2 was what I always ran with my FZR