Lawn Dart Airlines

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I used to but burned out hard on it. I have no status with the airlines and barely kept anything with the hotel chains. Don't miss it.

2. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Well after spending 24 hours to get back home from Israel yesterday for the 2nd time this year all in coach and with more than 110,000 miles of travel this year I'm pretty much done. I've reached my limit this year but have a feeling that my wife is going to make me get on a plane again for Xmas vacation...if getting divorced wasn't so freaking expensive I'd seriously consider it so that I don't have to get on another plane for at least a month :)

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I sit and wait while all those people whose whole day will be ruined if they get off the plane 10 seconds slower duke it out.

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It's rarely a 10 second difference, and some of us have tight connections. Just because you can take your time doesn't mean we aren't in a hurry to get somewhere on a deadline.

5. Lawn Dart

Maybe I'm testy cuz I got up at 3:30 in the AM, maybe it's cuz it's my last trip of the year, but I'll add "pointing at your seat" instead of being polite and saying, "excuse me, please, thank you"... And people who put their carry on 3 rows back and expect the rest of us to pick it up and pass it along like a bunch of Egyptian slaves building a pyramid... I don't wanna touch your bag and I ain't a dog...

I guess I am grumpy this morning... Where's overpriced, 100% hipster coffee when I need it?

6. Yep. It isn't 10 seconds, it is a good bit longer depending on the size of the plane.

But most importantly, it is about winning.

BigBird and Lawn Dart like this.
  7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Some of you do not belong around other people.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A bunch of pea brained alpha males who get their rocks off via sports that produce enough adrenaline to kill a horse? Nah. :D

BigBird likes this.
  9. Lawn Dart

You don't have to tell me. Tell them. They're the ones that won't get out of my way. :D

Banditracer likes this.
  10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'd say "passing" people by pushing your way up the aisle is easily on the top 3 of most asshole-ish things in this thread.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

rubbing is racing

12. Lawn Dart

What are the others? o_O

13. [​IMG]

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

at least not without proper protection & an explicit lyrics warning! :D

15. This.

If I can get past you, that means you were too fucking slow standing up and moving into the aisle. Illbedamned if I am going to just stand there and wait on you. Feel free to take all the time you need, behind me.

crashman likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Id fall back in my seat laughing. Especially if someone was grabbing something out of the overhead bin & got swept away when the cabin door opened!

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As an side I was just watching a video on youtube that did a walk around of the residences and "apartment" in 1st class on an Etihad A380. Pretty sick accommodations. If only I had fuck you money and they flew domestic in the US :D :D :D

[​IMG]

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's not what Mom said.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That kind of fuck you money would pay for a private jet :D

Lawn Dart likes this.
  20. The price difference between Business and First Class is ridiculous. They don't fly me First Class, it costs too much. I think my round trip Business Class flights are something like $12k a month or something like that. First class is like triple that depending on the plane/airline.