CCW Options

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 25, 2015.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I deleted my last post because I'm realizing that I'm over-sensitive at the moment due to some shit I went through a year ago at this time with a close friend.

I apologize for any heads bitten off, and I'm out. :beer:

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It would be if your were Tacti-Carlton!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yup! Funny how none of the tacticool theoretical gunfight posts are ever mine. I don't even have a MarineSniperSEALPilot uncle like most of these cats. Hell, never even met one. Maybe someday.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You're not fooling me, Captain America. You don't get a nickname like Tacti-Carlton without a body count and some killer dance moves. :up:

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well, don't they always say that the real badasses don't talk about it?

6. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Wow, you might wanna call your shrink and get your meds refilled then call a hotline or something to talk about your issues youre trying to project on other people. Not even going to respond to your idiotic know it all rant since its so far off base and someone like you is obviously to shallow to understand what I was saying in my previous posts. Funny how youre the only one who came away with that POV.

And no, I couldnt care less about some thug cleaning out the till at 7 11. I care about him shooting the clerk or someone else, thats the part that would give me nightmares.

Obviously all this is over your head.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

It's all good.:up:

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Kung Fool!

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Doesn't hurt to be prepared, even at a country picnic.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I was going to let it go, but I've had four shots of Jameson and I don't fucking feel like it.

I'll do this on September 28th of every year, across from a full shot glass and empty chair. The other glass is for my close friend, an Army Master Sergeant with the 75th.

He saw heavy combat on multiple deployments, but the last one in Afghanistan 2009 was the hardest. He just couldn't reconcile his body count. He had nightmares, panic attacks, and survivors guilt. The worst thing, he said, was the killing. He hated that he loved it at the time. He said it was like a sport, and the pink mist meant you were winning. The guilt ate at him and seemed to get worse as he became reacquainted with civilian mentality.

He was, physically and mentally, the toughest motherfucker I've ever known. My idol.

The last time we drank Jameson together was a year ago today, a Sunday. He was seeing a new shrink that he really liked and doing well. He probably shouldn't have been drinking, but I know to pick battles. For the first time in a couple of years, we didn't talk of deployment, or war, or killing. He smiled a lot and seemed happy for the first time since he EASed out in 2011.

On the afternoon of October 9th he fired his last shot, into his own head. His note asked his family and friends for the forgiveness he couldn't allow himself.

Maybe you're better equipped to kill than my friend, but Regiment guys are pretty fucking hard, and they know their job. I don't think you are.

I hate Tac-heads. They want to be what my friend was, but they're not even close to man enough, so they dress up and play. They haven't got a clue what it means to be the real thing, and they wouldn't want to know. You may not be that guy, but I took it out on you anyway.

Five shots now.

In the time it took me to write this, I've lost my anger and I'm just sad. Go live your life, carry guns, be a vigilante, whatever. You're probably a cool dude, and it's not my job to call you names. Just do me a favor, and pray to whoever listens that you never have to act out that scenario. You'll kill a man, and lose a piece of you that you'll never get back. "Him or me" will get you a wink of sleep, but you'll never be the same.

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Yeah and lots are missed. :D

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Obviously you've missed too many deals on cool shit Mr. 5.11 decided was outdated and in need of a fresh tacticooling. :Poke:

RIP to your friend. Killing claims more than the fallen. :down:

13. Ninja

Ninja Active Member

1 thing Arizona rocks 4 + CCW is recognized everywhere else

PTR PDW under the seat ...

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Apparently I shouldn't beeb when I'm emotional or drinking. I normally don't take this place, or myself so seriously. Lesson learned.

I'll now return to sarcasm, racing commentary, purported expertise on a variety of subjects, and posting in the watch thread.

15. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

You also shouldn't presume to know what your fellow racers here have or haven't done in their lives. Lots of current and former military types around here. No need for the disparaging comments about the ones you deem as less than "hard".

The truly hard ones don't brag.

RIP to your friend man.

Hope that hangover isn't too nasty, lol.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Fact.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Although, the 1986 VFR700R is one of my all-time favorite rides, I give much respect to Kawasaki to taking a step forward with the Ninja.

They prove that a bad ass product sells regardless of tariff or insurance fears.

Honda caved. The 900RR showed only what could be. Unfortunately, it set a trend in the industry but did not include Honda itself.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

20. charles

charles The Transporter

ahhhh…yes, for sure, but are any of these things CCW Options?