1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCW Options

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 25, 2015.

1. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

shield is a great gun for ccw. not quite a pocket gun, but has all the features you want, solid performer and nice fit in the hand. i like it much better than the G43 because of how it fits in the hand, but the trigger isn't great.

p226 is an awesome gun (my favorite for many many years), but i must say, the G19 is every bit as good for 60% the cost and 80% the size. no, it doesn't look as good, but there is something about it that has won me over.

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

sig p238 and p938 are some great ccw options. Ski

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I shot a 938 at the range a few weeks and was not impressed. At all. Made me sad, too, as I'm a Sig kinda guy.

4. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

A S&W Shield will be my next gun. Been wanting one for awhile so I don't have to carry a full size all the time.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I've had similar, and just couln't get right with it. Felt like I had a ham sandwich in my pocket (with a Shield). A big thing for me is comfort when driving, and my current 4:00 carry is uncomfortable. I dont carry often, and I think comfort is part of it. I'm thinking about trying 6:00. For those that do, is that strictly grip up? I know you don't muzzle sweep your body when you draw that way, but it sure seems like and uncomfortable draw. I'm not a little dude, reaching back there and turning my arm like that practically sends me to therapy. :D