vintage turn out at Road Atlanta sucked this weekend.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by james walker, Sep 14, 2015.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Not for this season anyway! You will have me driving to every damn region to get points! The 1995 Chevy is not gonna like that! :D

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Not so Bub. Vintage is a points championship, and points will determine the grid and who wins the National Championship. But there is no limitation on who can enter the race itself. Same for National Challenge classes.

Sportsman classes are limited to those who ran races during the season. Even then, Wera lets people who did not run a race during the season enter the races, but they will be DQ'ed if they take one of the top three spots.

See you on the grid!:Poke:

3. t500racer

I'm looking forward to it! Charlotte's Web won't get me this year. :D

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

dayum, 'sounds like I built a bike for the wrong class. I shoulda built a V5 bike. :D

I'm looking forward to how that race plays out. :)

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Just don't do something nutty and put us both in that gravel trap, Eric is right behind us with 56 points and Wagner with 54. I can see either one (or both) of them walking by, raising a beer and saying "thanks, fools".

There is always next year, break out that checkbook and get busy. :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  6. t500racer

Nope. We both have to go to work on Monday, and I couldn't stand to listen to Wagner's podium speech! :D

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

:beer:

8. JBall

Don't think I know those guys, but you got the Monday thing right!

9. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

No, you've got that move reserved for V6LW this year! :Poke:

10. t500racer

Negative. After doing the math, I will be sitting back watching you chase after that Hawk! :D

11. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Never know what other v-5 guys might show to go.........................

12. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Blake could make it interesting.....

Wagner's speeches are always "flavorful", I could just imagine what that one would be like! :crackup:

13. joec

joec brace yourself

Bucky actually likes racing and he sacrifices a lot to do it. He sacrifices way more than im willing to. When he says hes going to do something, he does. And the great thing about racing with bucky is how clean he is. Smooth, clean, and makes it look easy. Loved raced with him.

14. JBall

If someone with a true V5 bike shows up all bets are off! The class is really designed for big bore air cooled four cylinder bikes, but few ever make the grid.

Whatever you run, the more the merrier!

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That Ducati that Bowie has is stupid, he rolled away from us at Road Atlanta like we were going backwards.

16. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

Yeah, don't go doin' something like that ... oh, wait ... :D

17. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Bucky was RAILING Joe......He's got some fresh rubber (Avons), straightened out some things with his front brake.....he checked out man, just gone. :up:

He did a 520 chain conversion, and needed a front sprocket...I brought one with, but didn't arrive until after first practice....we got it on for second practice and it was a different world.

Yo Eric....keep digging man, ya never know!:beer:

Always good seeing Conrads pit crew (Kurt). :D

Dougs big Duc just makes me giggle, in a good way. :bow:

You guys really want a wild card? ping blakester122. Ride his ass until he shows up....he has a running racebike....that IS what it takes.

18. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

Yeah, that second day rainout at Mid-O pretty much mathematically handed this one to you unless you take your stupid pills that day. :D

19. t500racer

That's true. I will take a bit of luck wherever I can get it! :D

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Wagner is waiting on you to screw it up. Me too. :D