Vintage points rule change poll

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VFR#52, Oct 7, 2014.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

So, who EXACTLY are you telling to kiss your ass?

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Lol to anyone who thinks I'm crying. Lol

Steven

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Cop out. Have you ass there to race.

4. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

Quit crying and go down there and and kick jt's ass!

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

LOL yep im going, But only to prove a point and to represent my sponsors.
    But we need to change the points deal. Its on!

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V6

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Are you going to make it?

8. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

maybe Im missing the grand point given the headache inducing structure of the request, but isnt what you're requesting, exactly what we have right now?
    120 point cap, which is the equivalent of 6- 1st place finishes. Only you can ride more than 6 rounds to get the 120? Kind of like taking your 6 best finishes.
    No one is being handed anything, I've know riders who came in 2nd in their 6th or 7th race, packed up and traveled to another race weekend that they didnt plan on running just to try and come into the GNF with 6 wins that give you that advantage for the national title.
    You want to make it a real national title? Take the rider's best finish in each region for their points going into the GNF. Get riders to ride outside of their region.

I fall in the camp of the point system isn't broken.

#156 Well-Known Member

If you want a championship do what you need to do to get max points. Wera doesn't just give them to everybody, you have to earn it. I ran 10 races one year to get max points and did win the gnf and a championship. If you don't like opinions don't put poll in your thread. No changes needed. :up:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Clear proof people should not drink and post.

Show up and race. If you win and don't win the championship (which is based upon a seasons worth of performance) at least you beat the champ.

Best of luck and see you on the vintage grids!

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Guess maybe you not understanding why i want it changed. If you grid up and have to race 2 or more people and you win great. But how about a rider who shows up and get his point cause he showed up and finished the race?
    You say this is a National title, I agree so why is he get perfect points cause of no one to race with. He just won title for showing up.
    Now i do know John wants to race for the title. But the fact are the facts.
    Im just trying to open it up so those who have a bad race can still collect points if they like.
    And oh i did race all yr to get points. Started in Jan.
    But after all this unless he decides to not show up or crashes or blows up. No on else can win a V7 title but him.
    And you call this Fair? 1 bad race and your hosed.
    Maybe that why there are not more guys coming out to race.
    Buy hey im a nobody.
    But how many of you actually Race in V7 this yr? Cause i never say you!
    Why are you not out on the grid? At least im racing!

12. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I would say that it is fair. Would you say that all the previous champs won theirs unfairly?

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I would say that it is fair. Would you say that all the previous champs won theirs unfairly?

Id have to say no. Cause thats the rules as they where when it happen.
    But change will hopefully put more riders on the grid and open it up for more people to have the opportunity to run for the title.
    So how many races did you hit this Yr?
    This is for the future. Chips have already fallen for this Yr.
    Why is it so hard to make a change for the better?
    Hell i didnt get enough points. its life.
    But as the best of 6 races for v6 and up is not in rule book or the way you count the double points is not there either. may be time to make a rule change to get more vintage riders to come out and race.
    I dont see the incentive to race if there is no way to make up points and someone can collect perfect points cause of no one else on the grid in his region.
    You have one bad race and if you are chasing the National title your done.
    I can go retire again. I already have 1 title.
    I want the competition! I want to be the best in my class and i want to be able to prove it.
    I do see problems that need to be addressed and can make it better.
    So put yourself on the grid. Cause i didnt see you there this yr.

14. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

You continuously make reference to how much you didn't see a lot of us on the grid this year with an under tone that you have spent a lot of time on the WERA grids this year yourself. If you'd really raced that much this year you wouldn't be in the predicament you're in.

I haven't raced a single sprint race this year. I've had a full plate at home and I chose to take some time off with the exception to running the endurance series. For the years of '11, '12 and '13 I ran every V7 MW and HW in the regions of SE, NF, Mid Central (the years they did it) and NOLA (since it's become one of the WERA tracks). This doesn't include any of the Solo 20s, Sen SB and endurance races on my team or someone else's. Know how many weekends I saw you show up for V7 races those 3 years? I believe it was 2 or 3. Benefit of the doubt, let's say 4. I've seen Kenny Johnson at the track more than you the last 3 years and I've never raced against him.

You're telling people to put their money where their mouth is and come out and race. But you only want to race the bare minimum in only the closest regions to you to be eligible for the national. Are you saying that implementing your rule change starting next year that you'd start going to more races other than bare minimum? Cause if you're not, then how's that putting more people on the grid?

15. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

And BTW... lol suck it up buttercup lol

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I believe this says it all.

17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well Randy, thats so nice you made all those races.
    How many Yrs you been at this? 3 or 4?
    Well ive been at this over 20 Yrs. Yep did WERA 13 Yrs straight.
    Ive paid my dues. Im a lifetime member of WERA and i did the travel to race.
    Even won me a Vintage V6 title way back in 01.
    My point is if you didnt race this yr in Vintage why would you chime in and say nothing but negative comments.
    So far only a few have said one way or other about rule change.
    The rest have just attacked me. Kind of chicken shit if you ask me.
    The reason most dont race is money and the incentive to spend their money to race.
    Yep you spent your money to travel. Im sure your savings took a big hit.
    I am glad it paid off in you winning a V7 title. Had to be there to win it.
    My problem is im not a wealthy guy and thats why i race Vintage.
    But as it sits it seems like i thrown my money down the drain and for no reason.
    My goal was to make points and be able to race at the GNF for the title.
    Had some ups and some downs.
    Problem is the way points get counted there is no way you can make points up unless you do what you did and hit every round.
    I cant afford that. Hell im so far over my budget now its sickening.
    This is why i think we need a rule change. You dont have to win every round.
    But can still make extra races.
    Oh and for you people who keep telling me to go to other regions to race.
    I did! In Texas we dont have WERA. And my so called region is NOLA and not enough races to Earn points before the GNF.
    I went to Tally. Been 20 Yrs since i raced there. Got a good ole Alabama welcome with a MEATBALL! And it took WERA 2 months to tell me that I didnt jump. Had to send them a vid of from my bike to prove i didnt jump, Yea what fun.
    But if you want more guys on the grid this rule change should help.
    Remember Randy when i showed up last Yr at NOLA on sat and i learned that they call them double headers now. Well my mistake again. I lost a chance at points and that was my yr right there. I only had a small budget to race with at that time.
    Back in the old days we had double points rounds. you raced on sunday and 1 race you get double points for that race. Most of the time you had 5 rounds in a region and you needed a double points race to make up extra points.
    Things have changed in Vintage.
    But riddle me this Randy, How many have a shot at the V7 title this yr math wise if john shows up?
    Lets say his motor stay in 1 piece and he finishes the race.
    Beating him is hard to do anyway. Big challenge any way you look at it.
    But he has 120 points. And he had no one to race against to get those points.
    Thats the flaw in the system. Now John is not a sand bagger or a someone to not to respect on the track.
    But the fact that anyone can show up by getting perfect points cause there was no one in their region to be on the grid at all except him.
    Thats the flaw.
    We race to decide the Champion and as you can see things happen while racing.
    But if you have to find regions where no one but you is one the grid to get points so you can have a chance at the title seems kinda stupid from a money for rewards stand point.
    Flame away. Im getting ready for Barber.

18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

It's not flawed. As has already been pointed out many times you can go to his region and race him anytime you want. I bet if you asked him he would much rather be racing against someone rather than just being handed a victory for finishing. He's paying his money, showing up and finishing races. How is it fair to ding him because no one else came to race?

19. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I have been to one race this year. I only made one last year. I really wish it could have been more. It is what it is.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I understand that you have been in the paddock for years, but I would think that you would understand that using a little more tact and diplomacy would get you a lot farther that you have. I hate to say it, but I think you have actually done a disservice to your cause. If the current structure sucks so bad, why would we have had grids of 10-20 or more in V7 at one time. It has proven that it works.

20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok then how is it fair to ding everyone else cause they had people on the grid to race against? He got handed perfect points for just showing up and finishing the race.
    This open its up for everyone to have chance.
    You answered you own question there.
    Im done.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-7