1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage points rule change poll

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VFR#52, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

It's not fair. Accept it. Maybe the next rule change should be "if there is a potential for a rider to collect maximum points with zero competition WERA will transport "x" number of riders from other regions to negate the attendance award, thus making the chase for a championship fair to all".:crackup:

2. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

what a lot of drama about nothing. grid up, race and quit whining. race more, type less.

3. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

Wait, John had no one to race this year? So how did he finish second in both races at VMD?
    You need to get your facts straight. I have been keeping John honest for the last 3 years. He earns his title's. no question about it.
    You seem to be upset about YOUR region. It's called a national title. Race outside your region if you have a bad race. I tried that this year to catch John in points, but I lost.
    I think you are producing excuses for the gnf, because you don't think you can beat John. Like I said earlier, go down there and kick his ass and earn that tittle, and quit crying.

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

There you go Patlovich! Let him have it.

To be honest, I can't really make sense of this post. Show up at the GNF and see what you're made of.

I haven't really looked at the lap times for the southern boys this year, but I can tell you that JT and Patlovich are flying. Running at or breaking the V7 lap records at most every track. And it's just these guys pushing each other at the front.

I'm glad the GNF is double points. That rule is awesome. People can run as many races as humanly possible during the season...but at the end of the day you'd better bring the business to the GNF. May the best man win.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTW - the points on the site should properly reflect the best 4 finishes/6 finishes now. Was showing 6 for all classes. Any issues please let me know.

6. Ben Gooding

Ben Gooding Well-Known Member

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Truth be told you bitches cant fucking read! Not about me, never was. But if you open up the points you just may get more people on the grids. But as it is if you have 1 bad race your done! And seeing as i have no region your throwing shit just dont fly!
    I showed and raced! DID YOU?
    Best man won the race, Plan and simple. But i have always been taught you earn points by racing for them.
    Things happen racing and it should not ruin your season for 1 bad race.
    But you people dont like change. Guess having so many on the grid is a bad thing.
    I saw a very light turn out at GNF. short practice sessions didnt help!
    Guess what, there is next yr. But i was hoping to open up the points and maybe get the rule book to reflect just how to collect them along with how the points breakdown is on double points would be very help full.
    Flame all you like. I showed up to challenge JT. Never been to the track before.
    Dustin and Mitchell stepped up. I got faster each race.
    But i was there. Not bad for being retired from racing after a long time and never setting a tire on these tracks and some never at all.
    So bring your no racing asses to the GNF next yr and show me what your made of!
    Talk is cheap!

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V6

8. Ben Gooding

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

well let see where i finish this weekend at TWS Zippy!
    I was there and you was not!
    I even won a few regional titles! LOL! unless Dustin decides to do the last Nola round.
    Not to bad for an old fat guy. And sign your real name!

10. Ben Gooding

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

yea so how have you been since? And no you didnt send me of anywhere.
    Doing 1 lap and getting points is reason i left.
    How do like winning 2 championships knowing i got your points back for you?
    Buy hey you won your only sprint championships and your happy.
    I am going to blast the lap record at TWS just so i add those fastest laps to my resume.
    How many do you have? I have bigger fish to fry.
    Grid your ass up and show me this weekend.

12. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

You know whats not going to bring more riders to the grid? Changing the points system. You know what is going to bring more riders to the grid? Racing not being expensive, riders not getting old and fighting health issues, bikes that stay in steady supply with aftermarket support, good weather, and the knowledge that your friends are going to be out there running with you.

Look man, the point system isn't keeping riders off the grid. The point system has worked for however long its been in place. Like I said, people go out and try and get that extra round in to come in with a perfect 6 finishes. Its the same as your suggestion of just allowing you to accrue 120 points no matter the finish position. You wont get 120 finishing 2nd in 6 races, you'll need to go somewhere else to get the remainder of your points.

Would you rather take a guy who finished 2nd and 3rd all season and manages to pull something out at the GNF be declared the season champion with 1 win? If that's so then maybe we should just scrap the points all together and make it a single race championship at the GNF.

I would claim that calling people out here isn't going to bring people out to grid up either, but I wont deny that I felt a slight urge to bring my slow ass out to the grid to attempt beating you after you just straight up said the previous champions won their titles unfairly. That is incredibly disrespectful. (no I'm not going to grid up next year. I've become fully engrained in Motocross and Supermoto, and aside from maybe showing up to ride some DSB races to hang out with my asphalt buddies that I haven't seen in a while, I'm very happy spending a fraction of the money for the same rush and friendships)

All in all I think you're missing the big picture. We (you) pay a ridiculous amount of money to put on a dead cow and burn fossil fuels riding around in a loop. IF you're good enough, you get a little plastic trophy or a wooden plaque. The spirit of V6 and V7 isn't about winning big trophies and championships, its about riding with a great group of guys who like this as much as you do. You're not competing with them, you're riding with them. We don't care who won, and who lost. We care that we had a good time doing it, we did our best, and came out of it in 1 piece both body and bike. Spoken like the big loser of the group, but really when you start chasing hardware rather than experiences, your return on investment is incredibly small, championship or not.

PS, claiming we can't read is the pot calling the kettle black. May want to work on the sentence & paragraph structure before accusing folks of not reading your musings properly.

#156 Well-Known Member

Man quit crying, nobody is listing to your baby ass. Points ok as is. I won 5 nationals titles doing what I needed to get max points. Could probably beat your v-7 bike on my v-4 bike in my hay day. spend more time on your riding and less time bitching.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  14. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I have no problem with the points as they are. Its worked forever now and why fix it if its not broken. I think expanding the years allowed will help. But Cutis, my friend, you said that all very well and I felt smarter for reading it. Good job buddy.
    :beer:

15. Ben Gooding

16. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Thanks for saying that Wayne

#156 Well-Known Member

Man when are we going to race against each other like the old days? You have been missed my friend. :beer:

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

:moon::Poke:

cute...

I remember the year Brankin and I busted our ass for a V5 National title. We could not be challenged in the SE and were points apart going to the GNF for the showdown. Then this dude from up north, on a 4cyl gazillion HP Kawi jumps on the final. Evidently he had zero competition in the region from where he came, so the only way Brankin or I could win the title was to win outright. Being at Rd Atl top speed was everything. The dude was all out of control at the start, couldn't hold a straight line when he let the clutch out and was literally from one side of the track to the other. He managed to about run the rest of us off the track. After we collected our wits again we pursued and Brankin and I were poised to pass his ass, but behold, the mile-long back straight appears. His bike must have had 20mph on us easy and walked away on the straight. We easily reeled him in lap after lap, but that top speed advantage could not be overcome.
    If you watched any of the SE vintage rounds that year, my biased impression that Brankin or I should have won that # 1 plate.

and for some ass to come on here and make a joke of our efforts? Kiss my ass homie.

I know the Kawi gentleman of which I speak recently passed and was a great friend to many here. This account in no way is a personal attack on our friend's character, simply an on track representation.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  19. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Was the gazillion HP Kaw a legal bike? I'm pretty sure all of Sam's bikes were legal per WERA rules.

If his bike was legal, sounds to me like you didn't have what it took on that day to win the race, or the championship. You could reel him in lap after lap, but couldn't pass him in T12 where HP means nothing???

I've won plenty of races at Road Atlanta and the GNF for that matter on a bike with 50+ less HP than some of my competitors.

Nice story, but what's the point of it? Sam didn't have competition in the north that year, but he still managed to beat you and your buddy, didn't he?

Since the GNF is at Barber now, nobody can complain about HP winning races and championships for that matter.

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That theory won't hold water.