3 round series

Discussion in 'General' started by GNC, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

And I know the ACS schedule has traditionally been tight so thanks for letting John take some time!

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

True, but as race control, you have to implement them, which I think, anyway, would be cause for discussion/collaboration. Unless, of course, John is planning to bringing in a full cadre of race management to run the two races, which, unless I read wrong, was not planned.

3. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Press release to follow. Details are being worked out with all involved, there are a lot of details on the "To Do" list that we haven't checked off yet.

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

As everybody knows, this deal is being put together in a very short time frame. The only approach I can take is, one thing at a time. Just keep making laps. We'll sort it out and it will make sense when we do. Give me a way-back machine and more notice that there for sure weren't any Pro rounds in the west and not enough overall and I'll do better!

5. You are doing excellent. Nobody is complaining, just interested and excited. :clap:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Obviously wrong on the first half of this, it'll require a current or past AMA Pro license or meeting the requirements DMG has to get a pro license.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it with John of course but the rules and requirements will all come through him no matter who is tasked with enforcement at any event. We've worked with JU in the past on everything from magazines to teams to races so I'm sure it'll all be sorted out and the best it possibly can for all involved.

I guess I can officially say yes, one of the rounds will be with us at ACS. Was trying to wait for the release but also wanted to answer questions if possible.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll work out. No doubt on that score.

9. Im watching RIPD. Love this movie.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just looked it up. You break my heart. Every day. You keep making me sad. :D

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

John, I'm virtually certain you have the vast majority of the racing community behind you. If you aren't too busy, maybe Saturday night on the AFM weekend I can get you over to our pits for a glass of fresh homebrew. As much as it pains me to say, I am a better brewer than racer, but I still keep working on both. Cheers.

12. Glad I could help. :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do yourself a favor. Watch The Right Stuff, or something else good. :)

14. No.

RIPD is one of my favorites. :moon:

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't you have some tires to stack. One pile looks a little short.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

In case you haven't heard, Mongo is committed to destroying roadracing in this country. So don't ask him for any help...

:D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's all good, he's not :crackup:

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So theoretically Ben Spies and Mat Mladin could grid up and beat on each other.

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Mar/140307ft.htm

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy shit - Dean actually posted something positive about JU. Wonder how he missed the AFM thing?