1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 round series

Discussion in 'General' started by GNC, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For a modern pro series, you live or die by the series sponsor. You are right in that, Drakes Cake. :D

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

not bad :D

*please substitute "sonoma" for Sears Point so as not to hurt all the old fart's feelings.*

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Racing costs money and lots of it. WERA used to have massive pay outs for racing with them so it added up for lots of the top ama guys to do it.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

While the WERA purses were decent, I don't know that I would call them massive. There were, however, some significant contingency $ to be made that made it worthwhile.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I don't remember massive purses ever :D

6. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Shocked that there's no coverage of this over at Deans World.

Well, maybe not.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Give him a minute, he hasn't read the beeb today.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had to be pretty recent based on his "report" about the 200 not being on TV :crackup:

9. SteveW414

SteveW414 Well-Known Member

I think the track (not the AFM) has an age restriction. IIRC, its age 16 but that may have changed so don't take my word for it. Check with the track or I'm sure the AFM would know the track's restrictions.

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Contingency = Money in pocket no matter how ya word it. I remember doing some calcs based on a rider I raced at Grattan one year, and he took in shit loads of cash for efforts that year, shame the promises I was made about racing over full time turned out to be just talk

11. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

It's funny just how small a world motorcycle racing is, and how deep the grudges go.

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

That is correct, but they did let redbulll rookies run there though it may have been before the rule change.

13. Well said, I agree completely. Well done JU and all involved. Definitely a step in the right direction, regardless of which way it goes.

14. Oh shit, hurry...somebody make sure the domains for AFM.com and Pro-Am-Superbikes.com aren't taken. The announcement was several hours ago, it may already be too late. :eek:

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The nut rubbers might have already grabbed them.

16. :crackup:

17. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

So the announcement mentioned rounds at Fontana and Miller. I'm guessing those rounds may be in conjunction with WERA and possibly the MoM series???

I'm hoping Danielle is going to want to do them all. I may even give Superbike a go at Fontana. Such a great idea by Mr. Ulrich!

18. caferace

caferace No.

I'll definitely be at Sears. Supercool.

-jim

19. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Love me some funny bones

20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The affiliation with the AMA doesn't seem to amount to much for AMA PRO. I don't see why any other "professional" series would require it.

TV will be the deciding factor.