1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. i wasn't sure if it was tar or what else it would be. it hack a ton of it up after an hour in the gym.

good lord my mood is shitty though. hopefully it starts improving in the next day or two, i'm not sure my relationship can handle it haha.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Tar and dead lung cells...

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

That part will change your life. Now, you are not a smoker. Think of yourself as a non-smoker, and the cigarettes, ashtrays and people smoking will simply not be part of your world any more.

All of life is from now forward, so your past does not dictate your direction.

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I never had the sleeplessness problem. And for some reason I am like the only person I know that quit that didn't hack shit up.

Just keep that determination and you will be fine.

5. tonight will be a real test for me. going to a birthday party where i think literally everyone smokes. haha

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

THIS. This is the most succinct way to put it.

7. :up:

thanks everyone. i made it through my first week. i quit last sunday @4pm and it's now 1 week and 3 hours later. not a single one yet even with everyone at work trying to get me smoking again like a bunch of assholes, my lady still smoking and the party last night where 95% of them smoked. i feel better already.

8. auminer

Kick ass, sea bass.

Don't let week 3 get you. I'm absolutely not trying to discourage you... week 1 is no question the roughest... but week 3 gave me some KILLER cravings. Actually left the house one morning with every intention of going to get some smokes, but a side trip to Whataburger for some taquitos gave me time to get past it.

You can do it!! :up:

9. :up: here's my thing right now. if i start smoking again i'm never quitting because this last week has been AWFUL. i never want to go through it again.

funny story. i NEVER talk when i'm sleeping and since i quit i havent been sleeping at all. well last night apparently i started screaming in my sleep about a party and when my girlfriend talked me down i apparently had a full conversation about the movie she was watching (blow). i was sleeping the entire time and had zero clue.

10. auminer

Well, better not start up again, then! ;)

You on Chantix by any chance? That stuff has some scary side-effects on some folks. Psycho-type stuff. I took it, but only for the first month, not the full recommended three.

11. Nope I barely take aspirin let alone drugs that have the side effect of suicide.

Drugs scare me.

12. 1coopgt

1coopgt Well-Known Member

Keep it up. Everything your experiencing is normal . You can do it ! First week or two are the hardest. I had trouble with the sleeping bit my self. It will be 3 years for me on the 29th.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You've got it licked, just keep on it.

:up:

14. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

That will go away in time. Your body is starting to heal already. You will not regret getting rid of the smokes. Keep up the good work. You can do it!!!!

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Thats exactly what I said to myself. No FUCKING way I' going throught this shit again. Honestly that's what kept me from smoking.

Keep at it man. Find a new hobby. That was also what helped me. I was up to 2 packs a day. So I got a new bike with the savings. A 2012 ZX10 is a bad mother

16. 2013 r1 sitting in the garage. I'm in the middle of building it as my race bike for this year. My savings will buy me a new street bike though...I'm not sure what I'm going to get but I want to ride an rc8r and a super tenere. I know I know opposite sides of the spectrum but we will see.

17. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Are you on the patch? The patches give me nightmares, but help a lot with the cravings during the day.

I'm smoke-free (again) for about three weeks now. No patches or dip for a week.

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'd say Super T. That was one of my goals was to be able to breathe and to go ride some different and fun stuff.

How much did you smoke and for how long? How old are you?

19. I'm leaning hard on the Super. I want to test ride one.

I was smoking a pack and a half a day of camel wides for the last 3 years. But this is the 2nd time I quit. I smoked for 4years before that about the same amount. I started back up when I divorced my ex.

Just turned 28.

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The Super and the big KTM is what I wanted to test ride. My next bike will be a long distance bike ADV bike.

Like I said, just keep thinking of having to start ALLLLL over again.

Here is also what I kept.. I didn't want to throw them away. Not sure why though. But any time I want to smoke I look atthe full pack.
    [​IMG]