Gas

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jul 5, 2013.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Damn, You are old!:Poke:

:D

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

that nice lady gave me a baby blue rizla backpack!

I think i grinned when i saw that, because i thought of how much you would want it! :D

I will use to store shit when I ride around on my zx10r. :crackup:

see, I do support motorcycle racing...i am practically a sponsor!

3. The illuminated weed signal must need a new bulb. I figured Ganja dude would have swooped in to this thread by now.:D

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

please, blunts and joints are too lowbrow for his ass....he most likely takes weed oil intravenously.

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Eff you old timers.

I started driving when shit was 2 bucks, smokes were 5, and the movies were 8
    making 350 a week with a 500 dollar car payment and a 250 insurance. First car was a 2000 electron blue honda civic Si
    But somehow I had more disposable income then? Wth

6. In defense of my youthfulness, it was $.99 when I started driving, but doubled within a short time.:D

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I remember that car...my brother had that car...b16 torque machine :D...i think everybody had that car in blue.

He actually chose that car over a new z28...stupid kid.

I can totally see you driving that car. :D

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

But you only made $108/week.:Poke:

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Pfft. After modifying the motor and suspension I use to break off z28's by bus lengths. Had the motor sleeved, built & cryoed, running on a mixture of propane and nitrous. Thing was a fucking monster. The spot we use to work on our cars was owned by an old timer who built NASCAR motors. He gave us a lot of tips.
    use to make some damn good money at the longbeach/Compton street races handing high end cars their asses

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I had a Honda CL360 when I was 14. I think gas was about .38 cents a gallon. I could fill the bike up and get change back from two dollars, then ride all over the world for two weeks.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Funny, I don't remember precisely what gasoline cost waaaaaaay back then, but I am absolutely certain that Lucky lager (General Brewing Co., Vancouver WA) was 1.99 for a 12-pack of 11 oz. stubbies. :beer:

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

started driving in 83, so whatever prices were in N Carolina then

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

save that bs for somebody who doesnt know any better. :D

a built b18c5 (itr motor) in crx bodies were barely able to get into the 10s NA and 9s with a healthy wet shot.

a b18c5 is much much stronger motor than a b16 ever was, mod for mod.

now a regular ls1 6sp z28 with a healthy cam and some good heads were doing 9s all day long...NA!

my first high 8 second street car was a heads/cam/nitrous 2000ss 6spd.

how much power does sleeving and cryo treating give you? :crackup:

rice burners :crackup:

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I will be on the lookout. Expect a Dovisioso style kick. :moon:

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I never said I kept the b16. and I never said I ran 10's. I said I broke off high end cars and american. Z28s ran low 13's stock

My car ran low 11's on a built b20 with a healthy nitrous shot. Which is very respectable for a daily driven honda rice burner built by a kid with a minimum wage job and doing his own wrenching

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

around 40 cents for one of our bigger canuck galloons...pack of smokes was around the same price
    Also remember driving to Daytona the 1st time for about 45 bux...now a hundred wont even get me to the border

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cortez, when I lived in Hollywood back in 89-90, I don't remember what gas was but, smokes were like $4, it cost $10 to get in a club with $6 beer, and a one bedroom apartment WITHOUT cockroaches was $900. I don't even want to know how much shit has skyrocketed since then.:(

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Having a cassette tape be "eaten" before you could save it. Cutting out the mangled bit and splicing it back together.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Let's see now, when I got my first car (1955 Ford) gas was about .25 cents per gallon, A pack of Lucky Strikes was about the same, Beer, when it finally became available locally, was about 4 bucks for a case of 24, and A nice date with a movie, dinner in Abilene and gas to go there and back was about 10 or 12 bucks.

All you young punks can suck it. (cept DaveK, he's an upstanding guy.):)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And using a pencil to wind it back up...