MotoGP Test Jerez (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'General' started by Black89, Mar 23, 2012.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

2. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I forgot what article it was but Stoner said he would never run in WSBK. He will only compete in the premier class on a prototype bike. I hope factory prototypes remain in MotoGP for years and years to come. Stoner is the fastest racer on the planet ATM in my opinion. Just makes me dislike the guy more and more when he says stuff like that. He's too full of himself.

3. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

15,000rpm Max??

4. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I keep reading 14,500 on Motomatters

5. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

He's been doing stuff like that pretty consistently. Basically, he goes as fast as he wants/feels like/needs to. Doesn't turn many laps, just fast ones.

I used to think like you for a minute, until i realized how foolish it was to dislike someone I didn't know.

Just enjoy him riding the fuck out of that bike. That's what matters.

p.s. WSBK is for guys that didn't make it in GP. Besides, you're a fool if you think he wouldn't crush the field, and make it incredibly boring.

6. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I used to think like you for a minute, until i realized how foolish it was to dislike someone I didn't know.

Just enjoy him riding the fuck out of that bike. That's what matters.

p.s. WSBK is for guys that didn't make it in GP. Besides, you're a fool if you think he wouldn't crush the field, and make it incredibly boring.[/QUOTE]

I've seen him act like a jerk a few times and even get boo'ed as he walked by at Laguna last year because he was rude. I don't know him personally and I love how he rides a bike but I don't root for him. I do stare in awe when he rides but I also hope he gets passed. That doesn't happen much but when it does it makes me happy. That leads me to feel like I don't like him much. I'm not fooled by thinking he wouldn't crush the WSBK field, just don't be cocky and a jerk about it is all.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ask any professional quarterback if they would want to step back and play college ball and see if their answer is any different than Stoners....

8. wot-75

wot-75 Well-Known Member

Tarvaris Jackson?

9. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Revs in the upper teens, carbon brakes, sophisticated electronics etc etc etc are what makes GP, GP. What they are proposing is turning Moto GP into Superbike. I watch different series for different reasons, and when it comes to GP, its all about the technology, the closeness of racing means nothing to me. I have plenty of series to watch if thats what im looking for. Doesn't sound like the pinnacle of road racing. I would rather the series be shit canned than to see it turn into another neutered Superbike series. Having a series based on technological advancement only to have that technology stifled will not be good for business.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

post of the day right there:up:

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Then why not just have 4 factories and riders running around the track on nuclear powered tricycles?

Technology will be the death of MotoGP if it is not kept under control. As it is there are 3 maybe 4 rider/bike combo's that stand any chance of consistent top finishes. And face it, it is racing not time trialing. There HAS to be close racing for MotoGP to survive. Hell man, if you want to see technology at all costs skip a racing series and just go to an auto show. Lots of concept nonsense there.

12. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Didn't all this technolgy stuff just start in 2002 when the 4 strokes arrived? I watch MotoGP for the racers not the bikes. I don't understand all the hate for the CRT's. Basically every thing on the bikes are prototypes except the motors right? Motogp bikes became glorified superbikes when they got ride of the 500's

13. caferace

caferace No.

Nope. There was TC in the GP 500 days as well. It's just far more sophisticated now, as Moore's Law and horsepower dictated. Hell, there were plenty of GP250 bikes with TC right up until Moto2 came along. I've heard (though never seen with my own eyes) that some of the 125GP bikes had the same. We even had a GP125 bike with KERS, which was quickly banned.

-jim

14. Im with Mike574. I watch Moto GP because I like to see the best racers in the world battle it out on really fast bikes. The CRT bikes still qualify as really fast bikes. This is just my opinion, and certainly others watch mainly for the technology, but Im sure that a lot of fans share my opinion too, and we probably make up the majority. If a full CRT grid can bring the racing back to where its similar to what it was in 2006, then Im all for it.

15. True, but the technology in the 500 days wasn't as cost prohibitive as it is now. Non factory teams could still get 500 gp bikes for relatively cheap compared to the current 4 stroke lease prices.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

How can you "see" the technology of GP bikes while they are out on track, especially if they are lapping within a couple seconds of each other?

17. Im not sure. Ask Povol. He's the one that watches for the technology.

18. caferace

caferace No.

When your TC rig consists of something with the computing power of a TI-80, it's rather unsurprising that costs would be lower.

-jim

19. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

i seem to remember reading that honda nsr500 leases were $1MM/season.

i'm sure it's more expensive now, but that's hardly "cheap".

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:confused:

[​IMG]