Working past depression

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Feb 2, 2012.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

2. HAHA, no way, :D

3. Donkey1

Donkey1 Well-Known Member

I cant beleive nobody fixed this to what it should have said.

Drop, I cant speak to your depression not knowing your circumstances but remember...someones always go it worse. It takes big balls to reach out to a forum for help, especially this one so you've definitely got that going for you. :beer:

4. primo

primo Well-Known Member

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Can't believe I'm the first to suggest...............PIE!!!!

Make it cherry, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. :up:

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

had a homemade cherry pie and a homemade peach cobbler last week......thanks to the gf

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You should be good to go, sir! Take care! :up:

8. gsxr03_600

gsxr03_600 Well-Known Member

Not sure where you live but if its up north I know you can get that "cabin fever" effect going on by not being able to do stuff outdoors. All my family is in Buffalo NY which I know isn't as bad as other places but still gets a good bit of snow. Maybe take a vacation or get to the beach, if you're not near one. Just stay positive and hopefully you'll pull out of this funk you're in.

9. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Feel for you. I've been there. There has been some real good advice posted. Exercise, diet, sleep, medication, friends, and positive activities. For me a major bump in my faith made all the difference. Along with that a couple of things helped. Reminding myself that I was loved every miniute of every day if I needed to was big! I made a point to connect with friends more often. Selfless acts were also a major change that improved my life. Selflessness is a term I still use today.
    We are all selfish and getting the focus off of "me" is always good.

10. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Quoted for truth!

I was laid off back in June 2011 and couldn't find work for 6 months. It was one of the most personally trying times for me as an 11-year experienced sales engineer. Add in the fact my wife's parents got divorced causing her to go nuts (that's the technical term) and it was pretty rough for a while. Wrenching on bikes always helped my state of mind but I had to sell them for financial reasons.

I believe my faith, family and friends all helped immensely in getting me through this funk. Things are better now, I found a job (pays way less but much less stress) and all the family issues are actually sorting themselves out. I think SOGF2 hit the nail on the head. I also believe you have to believe things will be better as this is only a temporary deal and you can and will be content again.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I feel ya, Drop. Going through it myself for a while got worse after my mom passed away. Im still trying to figure it all out, i originally threw myself into work with lots of OT but thats just a band aid and now i have to get a handle on this mess.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Be thankful you aren't me. That thought has worked for dozens of people.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

My wife is not happy tonight. I just had an episode of erectile dysfunction and the first consolation that I could think of was that, "well, at least I'm not R Acree, whoever that is".

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And we thought drop was brave for baring his soul to us all. :wow:

I'll see your erectile dysfunction, and raise you a condemned playground for at least the next 6 weeks. :moon:

15. Shenanigans

Damn, B! you and Acree just made my day! LOL. oh btw, posting from the crapper at work.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh. 6 weeks is nothing.

17. Shenanigans

They make pills for that, ya know.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

There's a difference between "closed for repairs" and "closed for business"... :Poke:

:D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She didn't even have a going out of business sale. Guess who is still making lease payments.:D

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

6 weeks!! What a maroon. You getting snowed boy.