1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working past depression

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Feb 2, 2012.

1. odell2115

odell2115 Well-Known Member

6WITB!
    :up:

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sounds like a strategic default is in order...let the bank take 'er back! :D

Hey, if I'm *lucky*, the "closed for repairs" sign will be down in that time. There was a major excavation conducted last week. :wow:

After 1xIDB, I'd be 1MWOT. :(

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm amused. You still think you have them.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Darren, she had a C-section, didn't she? They didn't break her box, she just doesn't want you anywhere near her.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well I had 'em 9 months ago! I do think they receded back into my abdomen last week though. :D

Can you blame her? See what happened last time? :eek:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Check the back of the freezer. That's where Doyle found his.

7. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Hate to revive on old thread but I just wanted to check in to see how Drop is doing. Hopefully you got the help you needed. Let us know how everything is going.

Also I wanted to thank you for starting this thread, allowing me to hear others feedback and experiences as well. For the past probably 3 or 4 years I haven’t felt “right” and maybe the last year or so I have been telling myself I’m feeling the effects of depression. I’ve always taken the “suck it up and work through it approach” or tried to keep myself to busy to think about it. Lately I’ve been finding myself sleeping more and more for no reason other than to not be awake thinking about it. There’s a few contributing factors outside my control right now that aren’t helping, mainly work.

Anyway, this weekend was supposed to be my first weekend with WERA at Grattan. Thursday after work I packed the trailer, had everything ready to go. Just tighten the straps on the bike and head up in the morning for STT on Friday. Friday morning rolls around and I can’t even convince myself to get out of bed for one of the few things that actually make me happy. At this point I realized things have gone to far, I need professional help. That afternoon I drove out to my parents place and admitted to them I think I’m suffering from depression. I actually teared up a bit talking to them, didn’t think that would happen. It was the first time I’ve ever admitted to anyone how I’ve been feeling the past few years, and couldn’t believe how good it felt to just get it out there. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow afternoon to speak with them about treatment. So again, thanks for starting this thread and getting people talking, it really has been a help.

8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I too have have been/are having these the same. YOU KNOW something isn't right, when you've packed up, and then just don't feel like going! Right there with 'ya brotha! But, just to get one thing straight..... once I am on track it's no issue, as the adrenaline kicks the down mood right in the azz! :) I'm okay enough I've given up on meds & professional help, because neither was doing much good. I've been back exercising for 2 months now, and still takes a lot of motivation to keep doing it, and it's something I used to love to do, and did it often.

Been dealing with for nearly 10 years now. I'm Type 1 Diabetic (22+ years), so there have been studies of depression related to having diabetes over a long term. It's all I can relate depression too.

Depression's a BIT@H, even in it's mildest form, and only those that have dealt with it truely really know.

Good on 'ya for talking about it. That's a big step. :up:

Last edited: May 7, 2012