Nelson 4/30-5/1 roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Racer45, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Same to you it was a blast meeting all you characters out there. Hope you enjoyed that beer you earned it :up: I will be seeing you all at Beaverun so we can dice it up again. Hopefully I will stop crashing and won't have to race with two busted up hands :eek:

We all had a great time and thanks to WERA for putting on a good show. Thanks also to the ladies in registration who let us borrow their wheelbarrow to haul out all our trophies: 10 1st place finishes and 3 2nd place finishes plus two solo wins total for Chris, Mike and myself :D

2. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

Wow, what a great weekend! Really had a blast at Nelsons and I will definitely go back. Even for the lack of amenities and "rugged" track surface, that is one fun track. I felt like I'm ready for any "bumps" at other tracks now haha. :rock:

Great hanging out with everyone this weekend. Steve, Nate, Jeff, Sam, Jerry, great to meet you guys. Aaron, good to meet you and glad you're ok. Looked rough. Ben, John, and Dave, great to see you guys again.

Aaron, you are right about the transponder fee being waived for PNs. They gave me a credit because I had already paid for it. Too bad I won't be getting the discount anymore because I lost my orange shirt this weekend! :up:

See you guys at Summit!

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Not sure how that happened, cause you took the lead after the start finish, 2 laps earlier and then lead for 1 complete lap, then the red flag come out!

So you were the race leader on the previous lap.

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yes. I am really confused. The scoring went back to lap four but i thought I was on lap 6 when the red flag came out. Maybe I am remembering it wrong but that's what others told me also. I think the confusion of multiple crashes complicated the manner. Jim showed me that on lap 4 I passed just after the start/finish but then I did almost two more complete laps. I actually had to do another slow lap because when I went past the downed rider in T-13 the red flag didn't go out until I was pass pit in area...

Ride safe,
    AAron

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll check it once I get the files from Jim. Any crashed at the time of the red should have been pulled out and then the crossings for the partial lap deleted.

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

might need you to see if you can see if you have some parts for me. Need to turn my twisted chunk of metal and plastic and make it look like a motorcycle again

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I hope novice #12 gets his stuff sorted out as well. I overheard him saying that his 2010 points hadn't been counted, and he was being gridded way in the back as a result. Had to come from 18th to grab 2nd in the sprints.

Watching him battle with #315 in the solo the previous day was probably some of the best racing I saw all weekend.

He didn't seem too mad, but he definitely got a little screwed by the mistake.

8. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

"lost" or rather earned your novice status? lol

i got rid of the orange shirt as well this weekend with my solo on saturday. congrats to us, now we can bin it!

9. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Yeah that was some fun racing in the solo. When I told Tony (#12) that I was 7 laps down and finished last place he said he would have let me on by if he knew that :crackup:

We had another battle in the C superstock race and he came in 1st but I'm going to bring it to him at Beaverun.

10. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

11. xn85turbo

xn85turbo Well-Known Member

Special Thanks to Gary Yancoskie for helping me last minute change from rains to DOT's, you rock man and I owe you one. We did the entire swap with rims and tire changes in like 15 minutes.

Actually the three fast novices in the dry solo turned a 13, 14 and 15, I don't know where you got the front runners were doing 16's, you can verify when mylaps gets posted.

Dave_SV:

Great to hook up with you this weekend, I hope your hands are ok and don't take to long to heal up. I look forward our next round.

12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Nice meting you too Lance. You profile name definitely fits you. LOL...Oh I am sore... Elbow has a nice purple/red color to it and has a knot about the size of an orange on it!

JB-heard about your crash also. That sucks. Heard you were alright. hopefully your bike wasn't bad...

Ride safe,
    AAron

13. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

Yea the gridding kinda was messed up but it also made me work for those postions again and made my weekend that much more fun with the finish's i had. Thanks for the props on enjoying the race, hope its that fun all year!! Yea couldnt be mad about it since it was my fault for not asking before the the races actually started. Great racing with you guys and gals!! Prolly my favorite race weekend in the books so far!! As for how I did MWS-1st, HWTS-2nd, A.S.S-2nd, ASB-2nd, BSS-1st, BSB-2nd, CSS-1st, CSB-3rd. :up: :beer: I also apoligize for all the wheelies on the front straight. Thank you to WERA.

14. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

It's amazing how you had time to clutch a wheelie up every lap while fighting for the lead...!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought we had the grid issues fixed but I guess not. It's always a little weird with some current year points and some past year points. I'll check into it while the event is fresh and see if wee can fix it permanently. I do apologize for that, it shouldn't have happened.

16. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

what happened to those fast expert racers on the HWT's that got passed by some sv 650 novice?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He seems to have worked his way up to 8th overall... Nice riding.

18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I will speak for myself and as I stated earlier in race 11 I was on my head in T-13 while leading the first lap... I can say I have never been passed by a novice on an SV unless I had some mechanical or crash or something...Nobody passed me in race 2 thats for sure....

I know at least one expert chose rains and decided just to circulate so he didn't destroy his tires in race 11...

Who are you?

What race did you pass me in?

Ride safe,
    AAron

19. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

20. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

Sorry I was talking about #76 in the HWTSB race. I was #642 in the SS race on an SV and didn't pass as many as many as he did.