1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd Annual Fast from the Past Vintage Challenge

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm cool with that. I'll be sure to wave at the camera. Maybe I'll wear a clear face shield so I can make funny faces at the camera. Oh wait, I don't even have to try for that last one. :p

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Tim and Joe should be some excellent footage :up:

Tim is a ham tho....I saw footage from Daytona where he "pretended" like he was gonna high-side in turn 2....then thought better of it, and sat back down.:wow:

That was wild, man....had me puckerin just watchin!

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Don't expect too much from me. First time on the track after the broken collarbone at the GNF and many new parts on the RZ and a new bike to sort out. I'll be in track day mode, not race day mode.

4. CharlieY

yeah, just takin it easy....OK...who is using Joe Pomeroy's log in....:D

5. charles

charles The Transporter

There goes the neighborhood...:D

6. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

3rd Call :up:

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Hate it that I'm going to miss this! I hope the weather is nice and all of the racing is safe, close and clean!!!:up:

I'm getting my pins removed from my hand monday and then get to start down the path to rehabilitation. My hand is now more like a claw, with 4th and 5th fingers locked up with only 20% range of motion. The other fingers are suffering as well, but not nearly as bad. Hoping to make a return to racing this summer, rrr if rehab goes quickly, cmp if it takes longer and vir if it goes really slow.

GOOD LUCK @ BARBER!!!:beer:

8. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

That's real good news, how's the collarbone doing?

#156 Well-Known Member

Well i'm sitting here typing at work on break so i guess you can see i'm not on my way to barber like i planned. Got a call from the boss last night that they need me to work this weekend. I hate to miss it but works more important. Kind of ironic that last year i missed the race because i was layed off and broke and this year i have to work. I'll take this year over last ten to one.Good luck to everyone and be safe. :up:

10. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

TRead and I are southbound with a loaded race van, rumor has it KWC member Brad Davis is guest riding one of Carl Anderson's two-smokes, what's a little rain amongst friends?

11. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

Charlie y and I are on the way, team flat rat reprazentn!

12. charles

charles The Transporter

No rain, sorry! The first ever dry FFTP Vintage challenge event at Barber! We even had the sun shine at the end of the day! Some great racing, especially between Tim Joyce and Pat Mooney...many sincere thanks to Jim Hinshaw for sponsoring the event and the usual applause for the WERA crew who ran the show!

Next time, turn off the weather reports, lads, and join in on the fun at Barber!

13. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Good times and no rain. I had great fun racing with VintageRacerRoy in V3 and V4. I wish I had video of the last lap in V4, that was a hoot. And we were racing for what, 6th? Good fun for sure.

Many thanks to Fast from the Past for sponsoring this event. The money brings out some nice grids and fast bikes. Haven't missed one yet and don't plan to.

14. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

Charlie Y & Mark, I looked for you Saturday. I saw Team Old & Oily and a couple of others I knew. Sorry you could not make it. Mark, didn't know about your hand, hope it all heals well. Not quite as many riders as the past but still a good turn out. I could not believe how fast Pat Mooney is on that Norton 500 Single. Race 9, I think it was H6lw & V4, of course V4 was a bump up for his bike, that Norton & I think a Triumph went around the V6lw and I think finished 1(Triumph) & 2(Norton). Incredible. I also saw Joe's new ride. Nice would be an understatement.

I will watch for you all at the Vintage Bike Festival.

DC

15. CharlieY

Hey DC.....I was there...pitted near Donavon and the other florabama guy with the hawk....near the gas pumps.

sorry we missed ya.....rough day for me....dropped a valve.

My bike then became a parts bike. Dean broke an exhaust, and donavon had carb issues.

Maybe next time.

Good seeing everyone...great event!

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  16. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Charlie, what were ya riding? You get the V1 bike back together already?

17. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Thanks to jim at fast from the past for a great event, I had one of the best races in a long time.Could you see my smile under my helmet:)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some fantastic racing, thanks to everyone who came out!

19. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

yep, many thanks to Jim for all he does to help out this event (and again to Evelyn and Sean ;)). i don't know who Jim had to pay off, but this year we got to do it with out the rain. :)

it was also good meeting Donovan, sucks that he never got his bike worked out. i think when he get's his bike sorted he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with. it'd be nice to have another quick guy in GP but i think he'd even give them V1 boys a run for their money.

...and congrats again to Tash for his double win. that cat is fast, fast, fast and one of the nicest damned people i think i've ever met...his kid too. makes me miss that Perethian bunch being at the track.

and Charles, no Ham(p)ster dance? you failed us all.

20. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Tim....your not the only one that had a blast ....I had two very fun racers with Mr. Parker....great rider and fast on those little 2 strokes....Thanks to WERA for letting Jim put together a fun event....and with all the bad 3 months of life....I needed to have some fun....and Tim I really enjoy your v-4 race......that was soooo cooool.......later.....