1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd Annual Fast from the Past Vintage Challenge

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Feb 23, 2010.

1. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Thanks for having us, beat the hell out of driving to portland OR:)always well run events

2. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone that came and wanted to come. It was a great day of racing and the weather finally cooperated.

Also, thank you to WERA for providing us a venue for this event. They go out of their way to help make this a success.

Believe it or not I have 2 riders who did not pick up their winnings - Jack Parker and Tim Fultz. Anyone who knows them please ask them to contact me so I can get them their winnings.

By the way - no red flags in vintage and no ambulance rides - nice job gentlemen. :up:

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Chum, it is a story of doom and gloom sir.:mad: I had a stock motor I thought was OK, but it wasnt, turned out to be a valve heading south.

Once I figured out it wasnt ignition or fuel, and either head gasket or valve, I just gave up.....

Then Buff stopped by, and being the consumate professional, told me to "put down the misery-before-lunch beer, get up, and get over here and lets see whats happening!!!"......which we did....and when we looked into my LH cylinder, and both valves were touching each other....we both said "HECK" :wow: ...Buffs sweet lil daughter Clara was there, so no F bombs!!!

Hey Sean, great event man!....also kinda cool to see the AMA Pro Daytona Sportbike # 1 plate, Mr. Danny Eslick, get beat by what appeared to be a teen-ager?:up: .....no offense to Danny of course, meant as a compliment to the young lad!....Danny was very cool to talk to.

Bravo to all!

AND BIG thumbs up to Tash, who just ran hard and won V1 and V2.....that is a nice Honda, and seeing him and his son as crew is inspiritional.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  4. CharlieY

Hey Jim, BTW, if ya wanna make those Kawi green Flat Rat Racing T-Shirts required uniforms, let Dean or I know :D:D

5. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Man, Charlie, you can't buy a break lately...Sorry to hear that, bud, sounds like everybody had a great time all in all otherwise, safe weekend...

6. CharlieY

HA! you are 100% correct Chum!....I did try to buy a break, and it broke!:eek:

Hey, I was BS'ing with your buddy Chas....we were yukkin it up pretty good.....you can imagine the gruff I was getting!

7. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

Yep, had a great time despite not doing as well as I wished. Thanks to FFTP and WERA for yet another great money paying vintage race! Kinda wished it had of rained though. :mad:

8. Manxboy

Manxboy Well-Known Member

I had a great time with some good hard racing on the Manx, well worth the 18 hour round trip! I enjoyed the well organized event at a first class facility, and a huge thank you to Fast From The Past for sponsoring the event in such a big way.
    I'm sure some stayed at home because of the forecasted weather, that's a shame as a great event was missed! I'm looking forward to next year already.........
    I stayed over for Sunday's racing with my 1125R Buell, and had a good race in Heavyweight Twins too, even got on the road before the rain came.
    Here's hoping next year is even bigger and better again.
    Pat Mooney.

9. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Jesse got to drag race Tash last year down the Road Atlanta straight and reports that Tash's bike was just as fast with no fairing as mine was with fairing.

10. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Charly- rest assured it is a bit faster now. Tash has really worked hard developing the engine on his bike and it finally runs as good as it looks. I had a blast watching some great racing. I don't know who Ryan Ambrose is but he was riding harder than anyone out there- trust me. Hats off to him! Tim is lucky he found 4 ponies! :up:

11. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

correct on all this Buff:)he was riding his -ss off. Somehow I was half a second slower then the fall fv race?whats with that. made some steering head changes , maybe need to go back.Sure was fun

12. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

Wow! What an event. Most fun I have had at the race track in a very long time if not the best. Thanks to Jim and Fast From the Past. WERA as always clicks off great events.
    Chuck and I had a really good battle in V4 with a little game of chicken going into the Alabama Rollercoaster. Great Fun. Hey Chuck, maybe that Norwegian blood (I am half Sorenson) had something to do with it.

Roy

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Fun running w/you boys in V5 and V6 LW. Just missed the money in V5 but had a great time, and even more fun in Clubman on Sunday! Good clean racing all the way around.

14. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Hey Charlie, it was great meeting you and Dean, sorry your bike wasn't fixable at the track. Donovan is a good guy also to race with, I hope his bike is de-bugged for next time. I think I'm gonna take your advice and run with you guys next year in GP in stead of V1. I'm looking for a front drum brake now for my new bike. See ya at Roebling?

Mark Badger

15. CharlieY

Good meeting you to Mark :up:

Check the rulebook on your bike sir.....I know pretty much nothing about 2 strokes, years, etc....but I do know that Drums are required for GP.

I'm sure one of the 2 stroke guys could tell you for sure before you get to far along with any changes to your 250.

I probably wont make Roebling, but I think Dean will....I hope to make Road Atl tho.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

:tut:

17. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

do edgers and chainsaws count? i'm pretty good with those 2 strokes.

18. charles

charles The Transporter

We're only counting those with two wheels attached.

19. CharlieY

Hey Chas, good seein ya....and meet Mark Badger, Mark meet Chas (its OK Mark, it might hurt alittle at first, but I think generally he's OK :Poke:)

Mark has some questions about his bike and V1 vs 350GP...hope you can help sir.

Also, I must say, that bike you built and had sitting in the pits :)rolleyes:) looked nice Charles....seriously, it did. :up:

20. charles

charles The Transporter

The WERA Rulebook is online (on the website) and that RD350 now belongs to a new rider, Rick Bartemus, who skillfully rebuilt the silver R5 you also saw in the pits...it's always a pleasure seeing you guys from faraway places...:beer: