1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd Annual Fast from the Past Vintage Challenge

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Feb 23, 2010.

1. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Yes - we're going to do it again this year!

The Challenge will again take place at the regular WERA regional round at Barber Motorsports Park on Saturday May 1, 2010. The event will be run by WERA rules which can be found at wera.com.

Classes included will be 350GP, 500GP, V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, Formula 2 Stroke, Formula 500, and V6LW.

Payouts are the same as last year:

1st = $300
    2nd = $200
    3rd = $100

All riders will be eligible for payouts in 2 classes only. This is intended to give as many riders as possible a shot at the cash.

The Fast from the Past crew will be there on Friday and Saturday to help do whatever needs doing. If you have a question or a problem look for someone wearing a Fast from the Past shirt and we'll help you or take you to a WERA official who can. (I may do a few laps on Friday so be patient if you can't find me right away)

Disclaimer - This is A WERA event and their decisions are the law. No whining and bitchin' allowed. They have been kind enough to let us do this, please Thank them at the track or here on the BBS.

Please help spread the word to all of the other BBSs you go to and any riders you know who might be interested. It would be great to see riders from Canada or the west coast as well as AHRMA. The future of this event depends on participation - PLEASE HELP.

As always we will race rain or shine (but it sure would be nice to have a sunny day for a change :D)

Who's up for this?

Fire away with the questions. :up:

2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

250 gp ???????

3. hinshaw929

If WERA lists 250GP on the Saturday schedule it will be included in the Challenge.

4. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Its post in the rule book....

5. Jim,

I'll be in Daytona on tuesday and don't mind handing out some flyers if you want to send me a .pdf or something. I'll print them and hand them out.

6. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Great idea!! :up:

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yeah, a flyer is a great idea, not just for Daytona, but in general.....I'd post a few for sure.

Jim, I cant just volunteer the guy or anything....but James Walker is excellent at that kinda stuff.;);)

8. charles

charles The Transporter

am I allowed in?

9. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Haven't missed one yet, I'm in.

10. hinshaw929

I'll think about it. :moon:

11. hinshaw929

I'll get something together tomorrow and post a link to it as a pdf here.

Consider him volunteered - have him report for duty pronto. ;)

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Oh yea? Then no mini-thong trophy girls this year if I don't get in.

13. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Darn, because I have this dream of becoming a professional fitter/adjuster at a thong shop in South Beach when I retire.

Does this mean that I won't be able to practice my fledgling skills with those girls at Barber?

Charles, you must reconsider.

14. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Hey Wayne- I will sit out this year for $250.......

15. charles

charles The Transporter

No sitting this one out; FFTP extracts a fee from those who stay at home.

16. hinshaw929

I'm gonna tell Gretchen you told us she would be at Barber wearing a mini thong. :wow:

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Now now Jim, some things are best when they're kept in their place:D

However, I am told by Kenny that Tim will be wearing the same thong he wears when visiting NYC.

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Heck yeah Jim. I may have to bring out the 400 for this. I just wish it hit the V7 MW and HW classes too.....

:up:

19. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Always a great event....rain or shine! (we all know it's mostly rain, but maybe this year will be the year...)

Jim- Seeing as it's year 3 now, I think everyone has figured out the deal with registration etc, so you really need to bring "Triple Madness" out and play on the track. I did my best to defend 2stroke honor last year, but when the track was dry, I couldn't hang with the 750 diesels on my little 350. Perhaps the extra 150cc's your Kawi has will get the job done?? I could sure use a little help...

20. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

It worked at Road Atlanta but it might be a tougher road to win at Barber...

BTW Mark, my bike is a 350 - not a 750 ;)