1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding rule change for Saturday practice

Discussion in 'General' started by DMG, Dec 26, 2009.

1. DMG

DMG Well-Known Member

From the Fee page:
    "For 2010 WERA will also be changing it's Saturday practice rules. If you are entered for a race on Saturday it will be included as always. If you are not racing that day then morning practice will be $50 pre entry and $75 at the track."

Will we still be able to Tech Saturday morning if we're only practicing/racing on Sunday?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, since that's how we determine trackside if you've paid to be on track.

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Whoa, are you serious? We now have to pay for Sat practice if we're not doing a solo?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

If you're not racing that afternoon you don't get the extra practice time that the riders who actually are racing are paying for. We looked at the numbers and it just didn't make sense on our end to give it free to some riders and charge others for it.

5. DMG

DMG Well-Known Member

As I suspected. And I understand. Is there any chance that Sunday Tech can start opening a little earlier then? If you're in first practice and the Tech line at the same time, it can be difficult. :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll work on it.

7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

That is such a pain in the ass, cant you come up with say a sticker color for Sat/Sun and one for just sunday.

8. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I remember paying 10 bucks for it few years ago. I think $75 is a bit steep for two 8 miniute practice sessions. I dont really care, Just sayin.

9. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Maybe reopen tech the last round of practice on Sat?

10. :stupid:...except I do care because of being out of the country 6 months out of the year for work, i rely heavily on that Saturday practice to get back into the swing of things.

If it were a solid morning of practice...as in 3 or 4, 20min sessions (like 1/2 track day) I could see it.

But practice sessions are very short (like you said, 8-12min) and i just can't justify it; especially when i race in 4 different classes.

I know that nobody forces me to run in 4 classes. I am just saying that my normal fees are $260 for 4 Sprints. Another $50 or $75 on top of that for maybe 10 laps around the track isn't worth it.

11. How many riders only run Solo's in a normal weekend?

Does it cost WERA more (track fees etc) to allow all racers to practice Saturday morning than it does to only allow the Solo guys to practice?

Are the morning track fees calculated by the number of people on the track?

In other words, the track is open/live for the morning anyway, so does it actually cost more if the people running Sunday practice on Saturday also?

12. joec

joec brace yourself

whats a solo cost for you guys?? maybe you should enter one? then get the practice too.

13. IIRC, it is either $80 or $85.

But you probably hit the nail on the head.

I saw some Solo's last year without alot of people in them. Maybe the idea is to charge for practice if you aren't racing Solo's...then people will think "I am not paying $75 for 2, 10min practice sessions"...then their next thought will probably be " I guess I am going to have to race in the Solo to get some track time."

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Someway to get tech done on Saturday would be nice.

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Kurt, you and I can run V5 so not much of a problem for us. Otherwise, smart money would signup for the solos and get 20 good laps in. I know to some this new policy may seem unreasonable, but looking at it from the business end of WERA, with their costs rising on all fronts, it's a good way to not raises prices in other areas that would hurt many wallets more. The financial health of WERA is important to me, so I try to see the big picture. The folks that run WERA have done a damned good job of keeping racing alive for us all. Name another org with their history or one that has done it better.

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Wait a minute, I wasn't complaining. At all. Just be nice to get tech out of the way on Saturday.

And I bet you want a piece of me in V5 with that clubman killah you just bought. Bastid.

17. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

I guess I meant to say do Sunday tech the last round of practice.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$10? Not at a WERA race.

If the money is too much and you want the practice you can always enter a solo....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I figured I'd talk to you guys about it first and we'll see what works best for the riders and the tech guys.