1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding rule change for Saturday practice

Discussion in 'General' started by DMG, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey Chris - I can still see that and the answer is - YEP!! :crackup:

2. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Yep, at Summiit in 03-04, Aaron isnt entering anything, Breaks into to my beer time.

Spencer might be a bit pissed about showing up on saturday afternoon an teching 4 bikes on sunday.

We will prolly run more solos...no bigge

:beer:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, can't believe she was that nice to you...

Spencer will get over it :D

4. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

He is gonna want more money.....fml

:beer:

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

:D:D:D

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Was the word banned in that question? :D

7. JohnnyTheboy

JohnnyTheboy Well-Known Member

More racers in the solo 20s would be cool.

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This really, really sucks. It pretty much forces us out of racing this year. Yes, 50 really is that much money to some people. I guess we're one more statistic. :(

9. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

That sux, but if 50 bucks makes or breaks you should prolly stay home anyway

10. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

The solo 20's are a great way to get in some real practice. If you look at this for the entry fee for the solo you get the practice and the solo. Best value for racers on a budget IMO.

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

To be honest, when I ran the few races I did, I was shocked that saturday practice as included "free" really.

Being from an MX background at the local tracks saturday practice was for saturday races, sunday for sunday races. On the MX tracks (some of them at least) you can even pay for practice and not race, or practice for each day is included in race entry

WERA rents the track for two days, but I would guess the solo entries are not making the money to pay for saturday (again a guess on my part) where the sprints pay for sunday. So they are probably currently dipping in to sunday "profit" to pay for saturday track rental basically. This way saturdays revenue is raised. Solo guys still do their solos so even if nobody paid for saturday practice they dont lose money, just dont gain (not that it would happen). It is probably a lot more complicated than that, but it is my guess. Makes good business sense to me.

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

This is no big deal, just gonna force me to do the solo 20s for practice. This way, you get the Saturday practice sessions, 22 laps of solo 20 practice, Sunday practice, then do your thing after that on Sunday. I'm with it. It'll keep my slack ass from getting lazy on Saturday. :up:

13. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

That's the way I've looked at it as well. The 20 (or 16 at some tracks) laps have been far more valuable to me as practice than any of the practice time in the morning. Plus you get a chance to get some or all of your entry fee back if you finish well and if more people participate then the payback will go deeper in the field.

14. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I have NEVER been a fan of solo 20's. With this new rule, I will prob start running them now. From a racers point of view, I don't like it. I can see it as a good move from the business side of things though.

15. Chad & Robyn

Chad & Robyn Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo, would you consider opening tech and registration Friday afternoon toward the end of the practice.

Chad Dupree
    Wera Ex# 37

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Why not? Too much racin' for ya? :crackup:

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

How much would entry fee per class have to increase to offset practice cost, if that makes sense?
    I would not mind paying little more for each entry instead. And it is rare I ride on saturday.

18. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. I always run the solos anyway so no change for me. I didn't realize people actually practiced saturday and then didn't run the solos. It seems like a waste of time and money to spend an extra day at the track for a couple extra practice sessions without taking advantage of the solo as practice too. But hey, i guess if money is that tight I can see it.

19. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

Up the fees... That's the way to get racers starting families not to give it up....

Time to start doing solos again.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  20. Rookie

Rookie -

Just doesnt seem like a big deal. A few extra laps around the track Saturday wont do anything for me on Sunday Sprint Day that I haven't already done with previous practice. Though, if its a new track for someone, every lap is important for learning. In which case a solo sounds like a smart choice anyway.....