Ralph, Freddie and WSBK....

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 1, 2008.

1. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

we're not saying it's easy, just that there are people that can do it better. those people should be doing it.

personally, i think leigh diffey is the best they've had at speed.

furthermore, i think spencer has gotten worse lately. i don't know if somebody stuck a teleprompter in front of him and he's having trouble reading it or if he's trying to be conscious of the "that happened to me's" and mumbles out of it when he catches himself.

either way, it's time for some changes.

that said, with speedtv's tv deal expiring this year, we may see a new format and new announcing team on a new channel next year.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  2. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

i find it more hilarious that its a continual bitch fest on how shitty it ACTUALLY is ,and yet speed does nothing for the people who watch this stuff,and as far as the advertisers figure are out buying the products.

Tell me how much bitching you hear about the WSBK /GP announcers or Isle of mann,car racing ,hockey ,football ,,golf for godsakes etc .

its shitty ,its not bitching for nothing ,,it sucks ,they suck
    fuck them if they think ok is good enough ,and they are saying "fuck you" everytime they put that bullshit on the air .

Watch AMA motocross/supercross etc.It makes it worth watching ,with the commentary and the exitement ,they nearly lose thier voice calling those races when shit goes down .

So dont give me that bullshit that its hard to do ,,its only hard for them ,and not sure what AMA races your watching but "fast paced ,action packed " are not part of the show.They can MAKE it exciting if they werent making me fall asleep.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

At least we don't have to listen to "Boogity! Boogity! Boogity!" :crackup:

4. wdavis009

wdavis009 Well-Known Member

No one here is being paid large sums of money to do it. Big difference. You don't have to be good at something to recognize excellence (and incompetence) when you see it. I'm not a comic, doctor, lawyer, painter, carpenter, welder, plumber, landscaper, etc., but I know a shitty one from a good one when I see them.

5. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

I was so disappointed not having a cracker of a race! Instead we got to watch 3 ties world champion listen to how about how to change directions. Omg I was going to shoot myself when he was doing the ride thru on the bike during the replay of the supersport race =====> bang

6. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

Ralphie does those races too:down: and to R1 guy there are plenty of people that do a way better job at it, hell Greg white did a 200% better of a job than both of those guys did. It was awsome listening to him at least and Xanex freddie spencer couldn't even get a word in cause he didn't even know what to say since there was no time to talk about what he did in his career, bottom line freddie was a great racer but a SHITTY commentator, and ralphie....well he makes himself look like an idiot enough that i don't even have to keep going. If you are going to do commentary on a proffesional race series and even more on a WORLD level, DO YOUR DAMN HOMEWORK and find out at least how to pronounce the names of the riders. There is no excuse and anyone with enthusiasm can do a better job, the action has been great enough it speaks for itself just calling the shots that's happening on the track

7. R1 Brian

R1 Brian Well-Known Member

So why is it that Ralph can do a great job announcing the Supercross, but he sucks at Superbike ? It can't be Jeff Emig with him, because he is a dumb as a box of rocks..

I still disagree that it is easy, but you are correct, they could make it more exciting. I think Superbike right now is boring, and I would rather watch something else. Now Supersport,or even Superstock for that matter, I enjoy that there is some competition.

The SBK races were great.. They did a poor job of pronouncing names,and even some of the action. But we STILL had it televised live.

While we are on it, why not send them complaints about not mentioning Chris Peris. I believe he has had a top 10 in every Superbike race, and are truly a privateer team. ESP's shop is about the size of my garrage, but somehow they are kicking ass. Yes this pisses me off too, but I don't think bitching about it will do any good. I think a lot of this goes further than Speed. Right now the AMA is a joke. How can the premier class in the US be so boring to watch ? The announcing is not going to make it more enjoyable. You can wrap a turd in something pretty, but no matter what, it is still shit

I still look at it this way..it is free to watch. There is some entertainment value to it.

8. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

crowds looked low from TV

any1 have the attendence numbers?

9. racerboy221

racerboy221 Riding, Racing, Sex, Etc.

Thanks for the complaint link...I submitted one for them and have circulated the link to all of my other sites so those people (all whom are complaining as well) can do so!!

Here is my reply:

Dear Speed,

I am not sure who Freddy had to sleep with to get the job but he must have been great in bed....Sadly, his announcing skill are severely lacking.

I would love to offer my voice talents, if ever you are interested, they are far greater than Freddy and I can pronounce the racers names. I am also able to answer questions when they are asked of me, something Freddy has made a career of not doing while on TV.

Please....DO SOMETHING! Replace him or just fire him!! He is as bad as they get and I, for one, am sick of it!!

Racerboy221

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

How do we know he does a "good" job calling SX/MX? We don't have anyone else to compare him to. I don't like how they seem surprised when a significant pass is made. Or when somebody is chasing someone down, they never give split times. All you get is "Gee Freddie, it looks like he's going faster than so and so" "Right Ralph, looks like he's gonna get by him.............loooooong pause..........maybe in a corner or two." It just seems amatuer for America's only motorsports broadcast channel.

And I just bumped uglies with the lady Strick, and I still think they suck.....so suck my ass...PAWN! :moon:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Xaus is alright! While the man is dragging himself across the track.

Anyone has further word on Xaus (Chauze)?

They need to find a team like they have for MotoGP!

12. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

There is nothing about motorcycle racing action that needs the amount of time they spend with useless "Filler" crap. Even when the race is spread out and calmed down you still can go all the way through the field saying names and teams and anything other than what they riders were shopping for or what they like to watch on t.v. or who's buddies with who and riding bikes up in the mountains yada yada

13. Chip

Chip Registered

if you think freddie and ralph were bad. you should have been there. the track anouncers were the worst I have ever seen in 20 years of going to race tracks.

p.s. ralph and freddie suck bad.

14. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

My g/f was watching the races with me today and made a classic comment. She has no idea who the announcers were, much less Freddie. After one of his comments she said, "jesus christ has he done everything?" I just about fell off the couch laughing so hard.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

They said it was the highest attendance ever @ Miller, but I didn't hear final crowd figures.

16. paistes5

Well, since it was only the third race there, no surprise.

17. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

all I know is I am buying a 4cyl

way more power than the twins, especially in the thin air

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Don't forget the slipper clutch so you can nail those perfect starts. :up:

19. paistes5

Anybody else catch them say there was a 275 foot elevation change at the track from highest point to lowest? Was that from the top of the tower? :crackup:

20. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

just thinking about it ,but i think a LOT of responsibility is on the producers ,and whoever is chosing camera angles and what action to follow because watching 20 laps of the first 3 riders or sometimes just the front runner gives nothing to watch ,and in turn nothing to talk about .If you have a 10 second lead unless a meteorite hits you i dont care what your doing ,but if there is an actual fight in the back of the pack for even 14th place at least its something to look at.

yes its based on sponsors and they want thier bikes with the most tv time ,but it makes me want to stick to magazines and the internet.

i want to watch everything thats going on through the whole race ,maybe one day there will be some nascar type shit where you can choose the camera you want to watch .