1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zx-6r, zx-6rr ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rocketmann#67, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

just wondering why it is that I am seeing all kinds of them for sale at low prices? are they a bad race bike for some reason? i was thinking of getting a 636 for my next race bike but i'm starting to have some second thoughts. any input would be great.

2. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

prolly all the die-hard kawi fans getting ready for the '05s. They do look sweet.

3. Rocketmann#67

i was thinking of getting an 04' 636, but started to see alot of them selling for pretty cheap. didn't know if people were having problems with them. and yeah those 05's are sweet. i think the tail could be better but i would still take one.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The single biggest complaint I have with my '636 is lack of readily available spares. Just run a search on eBay for that ZX and see what comes up - it's all squid-tastical bullshit. Now do a search for R6 or GSX-R and you get lotsa useful stuff, not just lowering links or a stunt video.

Did I mention the lack of available spares on a race weekend? Ya, bin it and you might not be able to find what you need.

Other than that, great little bike indeedy. :D

5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

LMFAO !! Somehow, I know exactly what you mean.

6. AlphaAuriga

AlphaAuriga Well-Known Member

I have an '03 ZX6RR. Great bike. No problems, runs strong and fast.

Very competitive depending on the rider....

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A schoolbus towing a Pinto could be competitive too given the right driver. ;)

8. AlphaAuriga

AlphaAuriga Well-Known Member

My point exactly!

9. racer212

racer212 Well-Known Member

Didn't I hear....

Kawi's contingency program is cut way back.. that might explain a lot of race bike sales.

10. BellsHonda

BellsHonda Well-Known Member

Don't know where you heard that, but I was at the main facility in Irvine last week for new dealer orientation and talked with Bruce and Reid (the race support guys). They said it will be as good or better than last year. Just have to wait another month or so I guess. I know I plan on being on a new ZX6-RR by Daytona.

Later,
    MB

11. Sirrom

Sirrom Member

This might work into my favor since I'm getting ready to purchase a track day bike. The 636 is a likely choice and now that they can be found for pretty cheap makes the choice a lot easier.

12. haywardkawi

haywardkawi Well-Known Member

Kawi's contingincy sucks in my opinion. They also don't have any type of racer support program to speak of. Don't get me wrong, I love the bikes, I raced them for years, but the support from the roadrace side of Kawi is weak compared to the dirt side.

Ken

13. Sirrom

Sirrom Member

do you think that's due to their lack road racing success outside of the ama?

14. 021k26rr

021k26rr Well-Known Member

I love my 6rr,but you guys are right ,if you break it on race day and do not have spare,you might as well load it up.I got all my spares from ebay but they were few and far between and rarely do you get a real good deal.I am thinking of just buying a backup bike for next year,it would be cheaper and at least I'll have what I need.lol.lol.lol.That said I would'nt trade my little green machine for anything.

Ben

15. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

I don't have a Kawi, but thats exactly what I did. Easiest way to keep your spares organized. :D

16. Rocketmann#67

my last race bike was an 01 F4i. so i know all about not being able to find spare parts, and paying full price got pretty expensive. so it sounds like buying a 6r or 6rr I would be getting myself in the same kind of situation.