You Lie, Mr. Obama!!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CMMFL, Sep 20, 2009.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Perhaps you didn't read my full reply where I answered your question.
    As for the "knowing what we do now" remark, hindsight is 20-20, but the assertion of that writer is just partisan bullshit, grasping at straws to hang anything and everything on Bush. I don't recall making one purchase where the opinion of the President as to my spending habits was a factor. This is a classic straw-man argument.

Oh, and I didn't use any arguments gleaned from Time in my response, I can rely on my own reasoning from time to time.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

FDR?

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Otter get serious, what no answer?

Show me where Bush told people to go shopping? If he did he was wrong.

You are the one that is not facing to your own words. You invite people to spin something you wrote which it in itself is someone's spin of what Bush intended to do.

I am not even challenging if Obama was or was not lying. Just your own commentary/assertions, fallacy of your argument.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I agree. When Regan turned the economy around and people all over the country started to really realize the American dream people on the left staterd telling people..."Hey they are gettting rich, they should give some of that to you". Then people that could not afford it tried to live like the people orking hard to benefit from Regan's policies. To help them realize their dreams of unequaled leverage and debt the left stepped up and said to just give them the ability to buy what they want..................."we will deal with the mess later, maybe we can blame it on a republican"

Yep I agree, damn Regan for all the prosperity.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

That should have translated into French as "Excuse"...:p

6. In Your Corner

I'm sorry, but this analogy is just retarded.

7. In Your Corner

+1
    Otter, Google "Community Reinvestment Act" if you want to see the trigger for our current financial collapse. It wasn't Bush's party.

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

That is the dumbest question yet. Knowing what we know now about anything we did years ago how many things would we do differently?

And yes, I think he was right at the time based on what was known and happening then. I am sorry Bush didn't borrow you time machine to venture to 2009 before he made those decisions.

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

OMG Otter, now you're just going overboard. Blame Reagan? Yeah, we can blame him for the fall of communism. LOL

Seriously, you never once addressed my concerns. How did Obama fix anything? He's pumped CREDIT into the system. How do you think we're going to pay for it? One day the house of cards is going to fall.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Can we please set a date to stop blaming everybody but the guys who is SUPPOSED to be doing something about it? How about you lib parrots keep sqwauking Bush's Fault until Obama gets one year in office and then call it quits? I can handle another 3 or so months of your party mantra but we need to move on.

And FWIW, Obama has not done shit but create another balloon, this one quite less inflated than those of the past. When the stimulus dries, so will this country, once again.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  11. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Bush gives a Stim = good

Now everything stim related bad.

Gotcha.

12. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Who said that Bush's TARP money was a good thing? And yes, stimulus money is a bad thing. Historically its a fatally flawed idea that has never worked for any nation that has used it.

13. In Your Corner

Leave it to you to change the subject when your argument is failing. The Bush stimulus was a failure, which begs the question, why would we try it again.
    You're all over the map in this debate, try sticking to one subject.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

When was the stimulus after Bush's? I know you are not talking about the government growth and spending bill.

15. scotth

scotth Banned

that'd have some--well, any--credibility if you didn't have onyourdoleretard blaming something from the 1970s in this very thread, and the rest of the 'tard community blaming clinton for everything until january 20, 2009.

what's even sadder is that I know no larger group of mindless, thoughtless parrots that the republican party, which means we're basically going to move into, "I know you are but what am I?"

I dunno, I think we're fucked. we've got grown men doing this shit. I just don't see a any chance for reconciliation between the groups. and I find myself wondering what use reconciliation would be, anyway. I'd always just be waiting for the next 'tard mistake.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As are we.:D

Whoop, dere it is.

17. scotth

scotth Banned

The difference being, of course, that you have to wait a lot longer. :D

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not really. Stupid is the only thing in oversupply these days.

19. scotth

scotth Banned

Couldn't agree more. The inbalance is that is seems to be accreting in a more rightward direction.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You're just a bit myopic. But we love you anyway.