Yates Performance since coming back

Discussion in 'General' started by cgordon3, Oct 8, 2012.

1. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

ESP team does an unbelievable great job... It's always a great trip down to ESP's shop in Tuscon.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Like he was mentioning in the video they put together quite a respectable effort with Chris Peris last year for sure.

[​IMG]

3. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

You don't have to be all fancy to make shit go fast .....

They definitely have the right hillbilly riding the bike :P

4. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

I highly doubt that's true ... Maybe close to the same bikes but not exactly the same as factory ..... Just like any other "satellite" team

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was there for that Endurance series. The amount of money poured into that effort was staggering. The bikes were not identical, however they were as very well setup. I think if you look at the talent that Zyvax had in the seats of those bikes, the question of unobtanium parts becomes a moot point.

6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

7. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Oh there's no doubt they a ton of money in the effort and ran a very nice team

8. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

How much of that Pat Clark money is going to Yosh? Is that team running at the same level?

9. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

He's probably paying a Ton for that ride and it should be worldes ahead of the pat Clark team ..... Even tho most weekends it doesn't appear that way lol

10. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:stupid:

Cool video...and I like the music that went with it.

11. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Evan & Phil are great guys and do excellent work.

In fact, I think that might be my ZX-10 at the 0:51 mark in the video.

(On phone and can't see that well)

12. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I've met or spoke briefly to a few superbike riders, however when I met Yates inside the GP Tech garage at Indy this year there was this persona about him! There was a feeling when he was around like, "don't mess with this guy!" He also seemed extremely focused and seemed like he was ready to battle anyone, albeit on a race track, local bar or octagon!

We spoke briefly and he was a really cool, however I wouldn't mess with him...lol! I hope he's back next year...I'll be rooting for him!

13. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

It was my first time working with Aaron when he rode at Indy. We tested before the race and ended up spending a couple weeks at tracks. No rider (i have worked with) has ever worked as hard as he did getting the bike and himself up to speed. He even spooned more than a few tires on rims during testing. Mad skills on a bike and a damn good mechanic - Incredible bike feel with perfect descriptions of what is going on. It was a pleasure working with him, I thank him for all his hard work and dedication to the project. He should have a long career in the sport, even after he stops riding (his mechanical skills rival many)- this guy knows bikes.

14. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

He never has seemed like the "typical" spoiled factory rider , even years ago when he rode for yosh he could be found out and about at Mid Oh while all the others were locked up in their motorhome , talked to him a little at the dealer show in Indy seemed like a great down to earth god on a motorcycle

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just curious but is he a bigger dude compared to the other riders? He just looked it while on the BMW but sometimes small bikes do that.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He isn't small.

17. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

He's a giant compared to most ... Think he's like 6' tall

18. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'm 6' and he's taller.

19. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

He's a big dude for sure. I'll second the serious attitude. I walked by at Indy during the fan walk and it seemed like he was all business even signing autographs.

20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

:up:

Trivia:
    My daughter goes to nursing school in Milledgeville. Says Double A is 'The Dude' in town. Most people know who he is & what he does.:beer::rock:
    (Of course, she is my daughter!)