1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha tuner

Discussion in 'Tech' started by atomic410, Oct 29, 2014.

1. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that there is a yamaha tech on here that can help with a question I have in regards to the gytr tuner that I just used on my fi 450. I would ask on thumper talk but I want an answer from a real tech and there seems to be too many garage know it alls on there that mud up answers. Here we go; i borrowed my friends tuner to check the total run time on my 2011 that I just got. The bike has an hour meter on it that says around 50 hours. The bike is really clean runs great and I bought from a mechanic and seemingly straight guy. I plugged in the tuner and it says 125 hours! There is no way this is right. My questions are do the tuners store hours from bike to bike thus needing to clear the tuner before switching from bike to bike? Are there known issues with the hour monitoring application for the tuners? My friends bike has around 70 hours on it so his 70+my 50 gets a total of 125. Something isn't right here. The bike is either legit at around 50 or in the most amazing shape of any bike with that many hours ever. I'm guessing either I'm not using the tuner right or its faulty somehow.? :confused:

2. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

The ECU stores the hours, not the tuner. The hours you're reading are correct.

3. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

This, but the hours can be reset using the tuner, so low hour units should be questioned.

4. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

mmm well I planned on having to go into the motor kinda soon anyways but mmmmm thing starts runs and rides great no codes thrown no oil burned everything is fresh on it. sounds like a winter project and not a mid season project. first to find another tuner just incase