1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 6300isde oil leak?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Red Fox Racing, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Since day one of owning this generator I have oil coming out of the generator exhaust. Not the engine exhaust. Tried, but my google foo is weak. All knowing beeb, I need your help...

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I have the same generator with 125hrs on it. Never noticed oil leaking anywhere.

By generator exhaust (not engine) can you be more specific...

3. Red Fox Racing

Hot generator air is exhausted below the engine exhaust. Oil is coming out of that area. My other 6300 never had an issue. This one has been blowing oil since day one.

4. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

Warranty much??? Pull off the front and rear covers.... Only the engine holds oil.

5. Red Fox Racing

Yes, going to start calling Yamaha, when I get back from six more days, on the road. The current thinking is that where the generator slides into the engine, the seal is leaking. Can't think of any other way that the generator could be spitting oil out of the hot air exhaust. Looking at what I just wrote that idea really doesn't make much sense either....I have three covers off, the only place I see oil is coming out of the generator hot air exhaust. crap.

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

400+ hours on ours no issues like that. call the tuning forks. Ski

7. Red Fox Racing

Yes, my first 6300 that I sold to Stick was bullet proof. Will call when I get back in the country.

8. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

160+ hours on mine and everything is Okey-Dokey! Time for a call to Yamaha.

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

550+ hours. Felt bad I hadn't changed the oil last year.

As mentioned, I'd call the local dealer/Yamaha.

10. Red Fox Racing

Eddie, I bought this unit from Honda East, should I start with them or go directly to Yamaha USA?