yamaha 500cc gp bike melted

Discussion in 'General' started by ckruzel, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

2. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

At Shenny no less....

Wow, sucks, least no one was hurt

3. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Oh, ive not seen these pics yet. Just the one of it after it was out.

So, is the guy wearing the spies replica leathers, the owner? Im guessing yes.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Wait for it...

6. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

its not technically a repost, as it contains more pictures, so calm down, honky

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Why in the F would you even ride a bike like that at Shenny of all places.

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I'd ride that sumbitch everywhere I could.

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I'll spill some of my 40 in remembrance...damn shame that one.

But bringing a five hunnert two-smoke to Shenny isn't high on the list of smart things to do. Main, sure...but Shenny?

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

this:

11. motomadman217

motomadman217 Well-Known Member

with a new top i think he can salvage his ez-up

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

That will buff right out.

13. CTracetires.com

CTracetires.com West Coast Pirelli

wow that sucks!!

Crazy pictures of the fire in the paddock. Last pic of the bike on the rear stand under the burnt out remains of the ezup was sad.

14. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

When I first saw the headline, I immediately thought of a guy I know from VA, but then I remembered he has a TZ750, not a 500.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Still don'r know what he got for his $150K? Does not look like a ROC or Harris (or didn't before it went Hiroshima).

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

There are guys that ride 1000cc bikes exclusively on the street. To me, that's a waste too. Shenny is a far cry from Mugello, but at least its a track and he rode it in a controlled environment like a track day.

17. curvygirl

curvygirl Nope, not the vendor

:crackhead:

Nooooooo! Not the brightest move . . . but still, what waste . . .

Hopefully, if he dropped that much $$ on it initially then it won't hurt so much to lose it . . . and replace it.

18. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I'll fix that thing right up.....

19. motogypsy

motogypsy is not the enemy

I was there, before the fire the bike was beautiful, yes it was a full on Moto GP bike, 1995 era Harris, He was at shenny because he just finally got the restore completed after 2 years of working on it....first time he had ridden it...

I spent an hour or so in his pits talking to him about the bike,

He was a nice guy.....I don't know anything about it leaking gas on the track or a black flag.....it may have happened, and I just dont know about it...

He said he paid $140k for it, and had it imported from Australia 2 years ago,

Maybe I am a bit biased, because this is to me one of the coolest bikes ever made....

there is very few of them left, and even fewer that are being brought to the track and actually ridden,

so karma be damned, that was the coolest bike I had ever seen at a race track,

sucks if the guy was ignoring black flags, but still that bike didn't do anything wrong, it was it's owner, ...... let him trip and brake an ankle, if you want instant karma, not have this bike burn to the ground, it made me sick to my stomach watching this thing burn in the paddock....

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

any pics of this thing pre-fire?